40.

"Well, that settles it

"Well, that settles it. He's gonna die. They're gonna die." Erica says as she walks over to all of us around the fountain.

"Yep. Most likely." Dustin agrees. "You guys survived." Lucas says from behind Dustin and Erica. "Barley. We could have really used you guys down there." Dustin says as he and Erica turn around to face Lucas.

"Could've used you guys up here too." Mike says from beside Lucas. "Yeah man, we missed you dude." Lucas says with a smile. "Yeah, big time." Will says and all the boys share a group hug. "I missed you guys too, big time." Dustin says with a smile.

"Please don't cry, nerds." Erica says, disgusted. "Erica!" Lucas yells and looks at his sister. "Keep saying my name, see what happens." Erica says sassily.

"Hey, heads up!" Hopper says as he tosses Dustin a walkie-talkie. "You can navigate, just from someplace safe." Hopper says as he turns on his radio.

"It's not that simple." Dustin says with a shake of his head. "The signal won't reach." Erica explains. "Not with this. You need something with a high enough frequency band to relay with the Russians radio tower. But, for that to work, you need to have someone who has both seen their coms room and has access to a super-powered handcrafted radio tower. One preferably already situated at the highest point in Hawkins. Oh wait, that's me." Dustin says as we all look at him and I roll my eyes.

"If you want us to navigate you've got us but we need a head start. And a car." Dustin says and Hopper lifts his brows and nods his head. Hopper tosses Steve his keys and Steve, Robin, Dustin, and Erica all leave to get to Dustin's radio tower.

Hopper comes over and sits beside El and I. "Are you two okay?" He asks as he looks at us. "My batteries low, but it will recharge." El says as she looks at Hopper and I. "We know it will kid, we know." Hopper says as he looks at El.

"We can fight." El says as she puts a hand to her chest and points at me. "Better than any of us. But right now I need you both safe. This thing is after you two. It's not after me." Hopper says as he looks between El and I. "Do you understand?" He asks El and I. "Hey, I need you two to understand." He says as he brushes El's hair out of her face and grabs my hand. El and I nod our heads in understanding.

"Hey, we should probably go." Mike says as he walks over to El and I. Hopper and El stand up and we all share a group hug.

"I'm sorry about Billy." Hopper whispers to me and I hug him tighter. "He's gonna be okay. We're all gonna be okay." Hopper says as El breaks away to go stand with Mike.

"Why him?" I ask as tears fill my eyes. "I don't know. Bad things happen to the people we care about most." He says softly into my hair.

"And about our fight before, I approve. If you love him and he loves you that's all I care about." He says as he breaks away to look into my eyes. "Thank you." I whisper as I hug him again. "I love you, Dad." I say and Hopper squeezes me tighter. "I love you too." He says as he places a kiss on my forehead.