32.

I wake up as I hear the phone ring

I wake up as I hear the phone ring. I look beside me to find no Billy and I sigh. He must not have come home last night. I look up as I hear someone come into Billy's room. "We need to go to Mike's house, now." Max says urgently.

.•°☾︎𑁍☽︎°•.

I stop my car outside the Wheeler's house and sigh. "Here we are." I say and turn off my car. The girls and I get out and go to the garage. Mike answers the door and pulls us inside. The boys catch us up on everything that happened to them yesterday as Max, El, and I listen.

"I didn't think it was anything at first. I mean, I think I just didn't want to believe it." Will says as we all sit around him. "The first time I felt it was at Day of the Dead." Will says explaining to us why there was a 'code red' was about.

"The power went out that night too." Mike says from beside Lucas. "And then I felt it again at the field near the Nelson Farm the next day. Then again yesterday outside of Castle Byers." Will says getting more and more worried.

"What does it feel like?" I ask from the floor beside El and Max. "It's almost like- you know when you drop on a rollercoaster?" Will asks all of us. "Sure." Mike says. "Yeah." Max says next and I see Lucas nod. El and I both look at each other and say shake our heads.

"It's like everything inside your body is just sinking all at once but this is worse. Your body it goes cold and you can't breathe. I felt it before whenever he was close." Will says trying to explain the sensation.

"Whenever who was close?" Max asks, confused as to what Will was referring to. "The Mind Flayer." Will says as he looks down. Max, Lucas, Mike, El, and I all share a worried look.

"I closed the gate." El says as she looks at Will. "I know, but, what if he never left? What if we locked him out here with us." Will says as he looks worriedly at El. Will gets up and gets a piece of paper and a pencil.

"This is him. All of him." Will says while quickly drawing a spider-like creature on the piece of paper. "But, that day on the field a part of him attached itself to me." Will says while wiping his hand across the drawing causing it to smear.

"My mom got it out of me. Then Eleven closed the gate." Will says as he flips over the piece of paper. "But the part that was still in me, what if it's still in our world?" Will asks as he makes a handprint on the paper. "In Hawkins." Will says to further explain.

"I-I don't understand the Demodogs died when El closed the gate. If the brain dies the body dies." Max says confused. "We can't take any chances. We need to assume the worst. The Mind Flayer is back." Mike says gravely and I sigh and run my finger over my necklace.

"Yeah, and if he is, he would want to attach himself to someone again. A new me." Will says as he looks around at all of us. "A new host." Lucas says to further explain and I feel my stomach drop. "How can you tell if someone's a host?" I ask urgently as El and Max share a worried look with me.