52.

After what happened at the school we all decided to go to Nancy's house

After what happened at the school we all decided to go to Nancy's house. Billy has barely left my side and Max and Nancy have been sticking close to me as well.

I'm currently sitting at a table in the Wheeler's basement writing letters to everyone. The boys and Max are talking and Nancy and Robin are upstairs. I sigh as I replay the song I'm listening to.

I hear Nancy and Robin come downstairs and I turn around to look at them then go back to writing my letters. Nancy walks over to me and places her hand on my shoulder. "Are you okay?" She asks, worriedly. "Yeah." I say with a small smile, obviously lying. She nods, not wanting to push me to talk about it, and walks over to everyone else with Robin.

.•°☾︎𑁍☽︎°•.

A few hours later I finally finish writing my letters to everyone. "I know you guys are staring at me." I say to the boys and Max. I turn around and everyone looks away except for Billy, who continues to stare at me worriedly.

"Why you think your eyes burning into the back of my head will protect me from Vecna, I don't know." I say and gather all of my letters and walk over to them.

I roll my eyes as they continue to not look at me. "You can look at me now." I say and they all apologize. "For you." I say while handing Dustin an envelope. "For you." I say next to Steve and give him an envelope. "For you." I say as I give Lucas an envelope. "For you." I say as I give Max her envelope. "And for you." I say as I hand Billy an envelope. "Oh and give these to Mike, El, Joyce, Jonathan, and Will." I say as I hand Billy five more envelopes.

"Don't open it now." I say as I see Dustin start to open his envelope. "I'm sorry, what is this?" Billy asks in confusion. "It's, um, it's a failsafe. For after. You know if things don't work out." I explain as I look down. Billy quickly stands up and walks over to me. He sighs and places his hands on my shoulder and I look down.

"Em, things are gonna work out." Billy says as he tilts my head up to look at him. "No! No, I don't need you to reassure me right now and tell me that it's all gonna work out because people have been telling me that my entire life and it's almost never true. The last two people that told me that died. It's never true!" I yell at him as tears start to stream down my face at the thought of Hopper and Henry. Billy nods with a sigh and kisses my forehead.

"Well, I mean of course this asshole curses me. I should have seen that one coming." I say as I wipe my tears away. I walk away from them and grab Dustin's walkie-talkie. "If we go to East Hawkins will this still reach Penthurst?" I ask Dustin. "Of course. Yeah." He responds with a nod.

"Wait why are we talking about East Hawkins?" Billy asks confused. I look at him and his eyes widen. "No. NO!" Billy yells and I roll my eyes and walk out of the Wheeler's basement and towards my car.

"Em, Em seriously. Seriously I'm not joking okay? I'm not giving you the keys." Billy says as he follows me outside. "Billy, if you think I'm going to spend what is likely the last day of my life in the shit hole that is Mike and Nancy Wheeler's basement then you're out of your damn mind. So either give me MY keys or you're gonna have to tie me down which is technically kidnapping and if I live to see another day Billy, I swear to God I will prosecute." I say as I walk to my Mustang.

I try to open the driver's side door but it's locked. "Give me the keys." I say as I look at him. "No." He says with a shake of his head. "I know a good lawyer, William." I say as my eyes start to glow in anger. Billy's eyes widen and he sighs.

"Did you just-" He says as I continue to glare at him. Billy groans and takes out the keys. "I'm driving." He says as Max gets in the back seat and I go to the passenger side. Steve, Lucas, and Dustin walk to Steve's car and get in.

I hear the clock again and I start breathing heavily. "Em, let's go!" Billy yells and I get into the car.

On the way to the cemetery, I fall asleep. "Amelia, you think some letters are going to make things right? You've broken everything. Your time is almost at an end." I hear Vecna say as he grabs onto my wrist. "Let go. LET GO!" I scream as I wake up from my dream.

"Woah, woah, baby you okay?" Billy asks me as he grabs my hand. "Yeah. Yeah, just a nightmare." I say as tears line my eyes. "Are you sure?" He asks and I nod.

We finally make it to the cemetery and I sigh. I quickly get out of the car and I hear Billy get out as well. "Em." Billy says as he runs after me. "Billy please just wait in the car." I say getting irritated. "Em, just wait." Billy says as he runs in front of me. "Billy-" I begin before he cuts me off. "Em, just listen to me please, baby." He says as he puts his hands on my shoulders.

"I know something happened in that dream that you're not telling me." He says and I look away. "Was it Vecna?" He asks worriedly as he places his fingers under my chin and tilts my head up so I'll look at him. "I told you it was just a nightmare. I'm fine okay, or at least as fine as someone hurtling towards a gruesome death can be." I say with a fake smile.

"Amelia, you know you can talk to me right?" Billy asks using my real name to try and get through to me. "Yeah, I know that." I say with another fake smile. "Okay, then why do you keep pushing me away?" Billy asks me in a hurt tone. "I don't need a letter. I don't want a letter, baby. Just talk to me. To your friends. We're right here. I'm right here, baby." Billy says. "I'm here baby. I love you." He says again and I look at the ground. "Just wait in the car this won't be long." I say as I walk past him to Hopper's grave.