34.

"I found him

"I found him." El says, referring to finding Hopper in her void. "Where is he?" I ask while holding a bag of ice to my head. I haven't had a chance to look at the damage yet so I haven't healed myself.

"Woods." El says and we all share a questioning look. "Woods?" Lucas asks. "He's with Will's mom." El says and Will instantly perks up. "M-my mom?" Will asks in a worried tone. "What are they doing?" Max asks confused. "Illinois. They're going to Illinois." El says confused as to what the word 'Illinois' means.

"Mike breakfast!" Mrs. Wheeler yells from upstairs. "NOT NOW MOM!" Mike yells back to her. "Illinois. Illinois like the state? The state of Illinois?" Mike asks El as she takes off her makeshift blindfold. El shrugs and repeats, "Il-Illinois."

.•°☾︎𑁍☽︎°•.

Max wets a cloth and cleans away the dried blood from El's nose. "Does it still hurt?" Max asks referring to the bruise on El's neck from where Billy grabbed her. "Only when I talk." El says as she touches the bruise. "Well, it's a good thing you're not Mike then. Blah blah blah blah blah. You would be in constant pain." Max says and we all laugh.

I take the ice away from my head and focus on healing the bruise on my head as the girls and I listen in on the boy's conversation from the bathroom.

"It wasn't!" Max yells through the door referring to Mike and Will talking about El dumping Mike being real or not. "You guys do realize we can still hear everything you're saying right?" I ask them with a laugh as the girls laugh as well.

"NOT NOW MOM!" I hear Mike yell. "Mike open the door." I hear Nancy say in a serious tone. I open the bathroom door as Mike runs up the stairs to unlock the basement door.

.•°☾︎𑁍☽︎°•.

"It was the same thing. The exact same thing that happened to Will last year and look at this. Look at the body temperatures." Nancy says while giving us the temperatures of a woman in the hospital named Mrs. Driscoll.

"He likes it cold." Will says while pointing to the temperatures. "Okay, so this crazy old woman who was eating fertilizer-" Mike begins before being cut off by Nancy. "Mrs. Driscoll." She corrects him. "Right, yeah, Mrs. Driscoll. What time was this attack?" Mike asks as he looks up at his sister. "Last night." Nancy says confused. "Right, but what time last night?" Mike asks more specifically. "Around nine. Why?" Nancy asks confused.

"You waited all night to call?" Jonathan asks offended. "Yeah, I was waiting for the doctor to run some tests." Nancy says doing a really bad job at lying.

"You weren't there?" Will asks his brother. "Well, I'm here now aren't I?" Jonathan asks defensively. "Hallelujah." Nancy says sarcastically. "Ooh." Lucas says and looks away, hurt for Jonathan.

"Um, so, wh-what time was your sauna test?" Nancy asks trying to get back on topic. "Around nine." Mike, Max, El, Lucas, Will, and I all reply in unison.

"Well, that proves it. That proves my theory." Nancy says. "Yeah, and the night after Billy ditched me on our date I saw him in the chemical storage area at the pool holding a bottle of bleach." I say in realization. "She's flayed. Just like Billy." Mike says.

"Flayed?" Jonathan asks confused by what Mike meant. "The Mind Flayer. He flayes people. Takes over their minds. Once he does that they basically become him." Mike says to further explain. "And if there are two flayed-" Lucas begins. "Then we have to assume there are more." Will finishes for him.

El and I share a look. "Heather." We both say in unison. "Billy was doing something to her. She was scared. She was screaming, bad screams." El says as she looks at all of us. "What's a good scream?" Lucas asks confused. "Max said-" El begins and my eyes widen. "Doesn't matter." Max cuts El off and glances in my direction.

"I'm sorry, I'm lost. Who is Heather?" Nancy asks. "She's a lifeguard at the pool." I explain to my best friend. "Heather Holloway?" Nancy asks for clarification and I nod. "Tom." Nancy and Jonathan say in unison as they share a worried look.

.•°☾︎𑁍☽︎°•.

"I can take half in my car." I say as we all walk out into the Wheeler's driveway. El, Lucas, and Max follow me to my car while Nancy, Johnathan, Mike, and Will go to the Wheeler's car.

We all get in my car and I sigh. "Seat belts." I say as I braid my hair back. Max, El, and Lucas all put on their seat belts and I start the car.