62.

"Check this out

"Check this out. The War Zone." Eddie says as he lays a phone book down in front of us. "I've been there once it's huge. They got everything you need for uh, well uh, killing things basically." Eddie explains to us.

"Do you think fake Rambo has enough guns there? Is that a grenade? And how is any of this legal?" Robin rambles from beside Eddie. "Well lucky for us it is, so this place is just far enough outside of Hawkins as long as we stand clear of the main roads we should be able to avoid cops and uh, angry hicks." Eddie says with a smile.

"If we're trying to avoid angry hicks maybe we shouldn't go to some store called The War Zone." Erica says from beside Lucas. "Normally I'd agree but, we need the weapons so I think it's worth the risk." Nancy says as she crosses her arms.

"Me too." Lucas agrees with Nancy. "Yeah but is it worth the time?" Dustin asks. "It'll take all day to bike there and back." Dustin explains. "Who said anything about bikes?" Eddie asks and we all turn to look at him.

"What, you got some sort of car we don't know about?" Billy asks from beside me. "It's not exactly a car, Hargrove, and it's not exactly mine but uh, it'll do." Eddie says with a smile.

"Hey red, you go a ski mask or a bandanna something like that?" Eddie asks Max. Max thinks for a few seconds and then smiles. She goes to her room and a few minutes later she comes back with her Michael Myers mask from two years ago. She hands it to Eddie and he nods with a sigh and puts on the mask.

We sneak outside of Billy, Max, and I's trailer and make our way to an RV. Eddie leads us behind his trailer and I sigh. We quickly run behind another trailer and sneak behind the RV.

Eddie opens a window and squeezes inside the RV. Billy does the same next followed by me, Steve, Dustin, Nancy, Lucas, Max, Erica, and finally Robin.

Eddie hot-wires the RV and Steve gets in the driver's seat. "Everybody hang onto something!" Steve yells at us. Billy, Max, Lucas, and I all sit in the back seat as Nancy gets in the passenger's seat.

"DRIVE HARRINGTON DRIVE!" Billy yells from beside me. "Go, go, go, go, go, shit they looked pissed!" Max says from Billy's other side. "I mean it's not every day you lose your house and car in one fell swoop." Robin says from the small table to the right of us.

"HOLD ON! HOLD ON!" Steve yells as he makes a sharp turn. "Shit, shit, shit." Max says as she holds onto her brother. "I SHOULD HAVE DRIVEN!" Billy yells at Steve as he runs over some trash cans. "YOU WOULDN'T HAVE DONE ANY BETTER HARGROVE!" Steve yells back to us. Billy flips Steve the bird and Steve flips one back and I roll my eyes.

.•°☾︎𑁍☽︎°•.

"Hey." Billy says and I take off my headphones. "So I've been thinking, two of the three of Vecna's victims were seeing Ms. Kelly right?" Billy asks and I nod. "Yeah." I respond confused. "Okay, so I figured there's a good chance that Vecna cursed another one of her students. We go back to her office we read all of her files we look for mentions of headaches, nose bleeds, nightmares, we identify who's most likely his next victim we stake out his house-" Billy explains and I cut him off. "Billy stop. We don't have time for any of that, okay? And even if we did, even if your plan did work, we'd be putting a total stranger at risk. A stranger who has no idea what they're up against. I do." I explain to him and he sighs and looks down.

"He uses my memories against me but, only my darkest memories. Same with Chrissy and Fred, right?" I ask and he looks up at me. "Right." He says with a nod. "It's like he only sees the darkness. At least he only does now. When I was in the Lab with him he was kind, caring, loving. But now I don't know what he's become. But when the time comes I'll just run in the opposite direction. I'll run to the light and maybe he won't be able to find me there." I say as I look down.

"You knew him in the Lab?" Billy asks surprised. "Yeah, he was the first person I ever loved, my first friend." I say with a sigh. "I thought he died when El opened the gate but it turns out he was just thrown into the Upside Down. I used to love him but now, now I want nothing to do with him. I want to kill him." I say and Billy grabs my hand seeing me getting emotional.

"How exactly do you plan on getting away from him?" Billy asks trying to change the subject. "I'm not sure. But it's my mind not his right? So I should be able to control where I am I just need to push him away, find a happy memory, and hide there. Hide in the light." I say trying to come up with a plan.

"You got a memory in mind?" Billy asks after a few seconds of silence. "Yeah. It was a time when I was the happiest." I say with a nod and a smile. "Was I there?" Billy asks with a smile. "That's presumptuous of you." I say with a smile and we both laugh. "But yeah. Yeah, you might have been there." I say with a smile.

"Okay, but the second you start to lift I'm calling in Queen. Alright?" Billy says getting serious again. "Okay, deal." I say with a smile. "Deal." He says as he sticks out his hand for me to shake. I shake his hand and smile. "I love you, baby." Billy says with a smile as he looks at me. "I love you too." I say and Billy kisses my forehead.