23.

One month later

One month later

Billy and I have gone on a few dates since the incident at the Byers house and he apologizes to me about it all the time. Hawkins Lab has officially been closed for good. El and I are very happy about that. And to top things off earlier today Dr. Owens helped Hopper out and El is now officially his daughter and my adoptive sister. I already considered El my sister but now she legally is.

Nancy and I still hang out all the time and she's now dating Jonathan. I knew it would happen one day. Steve acts like he's fine with it but I can see the pain in his eyes every time he looks at her.

Thankfully nothing weird has happened since El closed the gate. Will has stopped having episodes and is now living a normal life. Joyce is still working downtown and Hopper is getting closer to her.

Mike, Lucas, and Dustin are still living life like they normally do minus the Upside Down and Demogorgons. Max and Lucas are getting closer and El and Mike talk all the time.

Billy has stopped taking his anger out on Max. It seems he's keeping his promise for now. Max and I have gotten a lot closer too. I'm almost always over at her and Billy's house.

Tonight however is a big night. Hopper is finally letting El go out. El is going to the Snow Ball and I am going to serve punch with Nancy and keep an eye on El.

Things are finally starting to look up for the small town of Hawkins, Indiana.

.•°☾︎𑁍☽︎°•.

You look beautiful El." I say as she looks at herself in the mirror. "Beautiful?" She questions and I realize that no one has taught her what that word means. "Yeah, it's like the next level up from pretty." I say with a smile as I put my hand on her shoulder. "Beautiful." She says trying out the word again. "Beautiful." I repeat again with a smile.

"Hey, you two better go or you're gonna be late!" Hopper yells from the other room. I sigh and motion for El to leave her room with me. We come out of El's room and look at Hopper.

"Wow. You two look beautiful. " He says while looking at us. I laugh and smooth out my red satin dress and El brushes her hair behind her ear. "Thanks, Dad." I say before I realize what I just said. I have never called Hopper my dad in front of him.

He looks at me with his mouth hanging open and starts to tear up. He comes up to us and scoops us into a group hug. "I love you girls so much." He says through tears into my hair. "Okay, okay, enough with the mushy stuff we need to go." I say and he nods and El and I start the walk to my Mustang.

.•°☾︎𑁍☽︎°•.

El and I arrive at the school and I park. I see Billy's Camaro pull up and park a few spaces down from me. I notice El looking nervous in the passenger seat and I turn to look at her.

"Hey, you okay?" I ask as I look down at her. "What if he thinks I am not beautiful?" She asks referring to Mike. "Then he's stupid." I say with a smile. El turns and smiles back at me.

"Now go. I'm gonna wait out here for a few minutes." I say while motioning for her to go inside. She nods and opens the passenger-side door.

I sigh as I watch her go inside. I slowly get out of my Mustang and make my way over to Billy's Camaro. I see him leaning on his car with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth facing the school. "Aw, what's wrong? To cool for a Middle School dance?" I ask sarcastically as I approach him.

"Yeah, I guess you could say that." He replies while turning around to look at me. "Woah." He says with his mouth hanging open as he looks down at my dress. I blush and look down. "You look wow." He says as he stumbles over his words. "Thank you." I say with a small smile.

"Um, what are you doing here?" He asks still looking at me in shock. "Oh, I had to drop off my sister and I'm supposed to be serving punch with Nancy." I say while looking towards the school.

"You have a sister?" Billy questions, surprised. "Yeah, she's about the same age as Max." I say with a smile. He laughs and shakes his head. "You really are full of surprises, doll." He says with a warm smile. "That I am." I say with a smirk.

We stand there in comfortable silence for a few minutes and I sigh. "Hey B, you remember when we were at the Byers house and your arm got set on fire?" I ask him already regretting saying anything. "Yeah, why?" He asks confused. "Um, I need to tell you something." I say with a sigh. He gives me a questioning look and nods for me to continue.

"Promise me you won't freak out and nothing will change between us." I say while closing my eyes tight. "Why would anything change between us Em?" He asks with a chuckle. "Promise me." I say in a serious tone. "Okay. I promise." He finally says.

I sigh and pull back my bracelets for him to see my 003 tattoo. He looks at it and then gives me a questioning look. "Remember Hawkins Lab?" I ask shutting my eyes again. "Yeah. Why?" Billy asks still completely confused. "Well a lot more happened there than what people think." I begin already knowing he was going to freak out.

"What do you mean?" He asks in a curious tone. "Th-they experimented on children, they took them away from their parents when they were babies because they thought these children had special abilities." I say in a serious tone. "Real funny, Em." Billy says with a laugh. After I say nothing he looks down at me and stops laughing. "You're being serious?" He asks in a serious tone. I nod my head and look up at him.

"I was one of those kids." I say as I look down again. "Em-" He begins before I cut him off. "Don't. Don't say anything. Just let me finish." I say while looking up at the sky and closing my eyes. "Okay." He says as I look back down. "Now remember your promise." I say as I get ready to show him my powers. He nods and I sigh.

I focus my energy and create a small flame in my hand. I hear him gasp and I look up to see him stumble backwards. I make the flame disappear and walk toward him. He holds his hands up signaling for me to not come closer as I feel tears start to form in my eyes.

"Billy please I'm not a monster-" I begin before he cuts me off. "That night at the Byers, you're the one who set my arm on fire." He says in a hurt tone. "You were going to hurt Lucas. I couldn't stand back and do nothing." I say trying to calm him down.

He begins to get into his car before I stop him. "Billy, please. I love you." I say finally telling him those three words I've felt for him since the day he was worried about me being out after curfew at that stupid Halloween party.

He stops in his tracks and turns around with his mouth open and looks at me. "What?" He asks in shock. "I love you, Billy Hargrove. I have since the night at that stupid Halloween party." I say with tears now streaming down my cheeks.

He walks towards me with shock still written on his features. He wipes the tears away from my face and puts his forehead against mine. "I love you too, Emily Hopper." He says with a smile. I look into his eyes and now start crying happy tears. He wipes away the blood from my nose and I smile.

Billy leans closer and I do as well. We meet in the middle and our lips connect. We stay like that for a few seconds before Billy pulls away to look at me. "I love you so much. All of you." He says with a charming smile. "Powers and all?" I ask in a hopeful tone. He smiles again and nods. "Powers and all." I smile and kiss him again. Happy that he now knows about my secret.

Things are finally looking up for me.