39.

Nancy and I drive in our cars to the mall to look for Dustin

Nancy and I drive in our cars to the mall to look for Dustin. As we arrive we quickly go inside and see several men with guns walking around looking for someone.

I see Dustin's head behind a counter and I point to him. El nods and makes the display car's horn go off with her powers.

The men slowly turn around and look up at El and I. I lift the car with my powers and throw it at the men, killing them. El and I look over at Steve, and Dustin, and see two girls with them. One I know is Lucas' younger sister Erica.

We make our way over to them and Dustin comes running up to El and me. "Haha, you flung that thing like a Hot Wheel." He says while giving El and me a hug.

"Woah, what's up with the hair?" Steve asks as he comes up to us as well. "What's up with your eye? You get into another fight with Billy?" I ask him sarcastically. He rolls his eyes and I hug him.

"Lucas!?" Erica asks, surprised to see her brother. "What are you doing here?" Lucas asks just as surprised as his sister. "Ask them. It's their fault." She says while pointing at Steve, Dustin, and the other girl. "True, yeah, totally true. It's totally our fault." Steve says while putting his hands on his hips.

"I don't understand what happened to that car." The girl says while pointing to the flipped-over car. "El has superpowers." Dustin says while pointing at El. "Actually that was me. I got some new powers." I say while pointing at myself. "Woah, really!?" Dustin and Steve ask in unison.

"I'm sorry?" The girl asks, not understanding what is going on. "Superpowers. Em flipped it with her mind, come on." Steve says while motioning to his head.

"That's El and Em?" Erica asks while pointing at El and me. "Who's El and Em?" The girl asks still completely confused. "I'm sorry, who are you?" Nancy asks from beside me. "I'm Robin. I work with Steve." Robin says.

"She cracked the top secret code." Dustin explains. "Yeah, which is how we found out about the Russians in the first place." Steve says and our eyes widen.

"Russians? What Russians?" Jonathan asks in shock. "The Russians!" Steve says pointing at the dead guys. "Those were Russians?" Max asks in shock. "Some of them." Erica says with a shrug.

"What are you talking about?" Lucas asks, trying to keep up. "Didn't you hear our code red?" Dustin asks. "Yeah, and I couldn't understand half of what you were saying." Mike says aggressively.

"Goddamn low batteries." Dustin says and looks down at the floor. "How many times do I have to tell you with the low batteries!" Steve says clapping his hands together. "Yeah, well everything worked out didn't it Steve?" Dustin says defensively and Steve sends him a glare. "Worked out? We almost died." Erica says while looking at Dustin. "Yeah, but we didn't did we?" Dustin asks aggressively.

I look over at El and see her put her hands over her ears and fall to the ground. "EL!" I scream as I run over to her.

"El, El sweetie what's wrong?" I ask her as we all run to her. "My leg. My leg." El whimpers in pain. "Her leg, her leg. Okay." Jonathan says as he takes off the bloody gauze on El's leg.