20.

The kids and I finally get an unconscious Steve out of the Byers house and into Billy's Camaro

The kids and I finally get an unconscious Steve out of the Byers house and into Billy's Camaro. I start the engine and rev it with a smile on my face.

"Oh, how I have wanted to drive this beauty since the moment I saw her." I say with a smirk. The kids all give me a weird look and Max gets a map off of Billy's front dash.

"What? It's a nice car." I try to defend myself. I hear a series of groans and I see Max roll her eyes. I back up and start to drive in the direction that Max tells me.

.•°☾︎𑁍☽︎°•.

As I speed down the road I hear Steve groan from the back seat. "Nancy?" He questions in a confused tone. I look in the rearview mirror to see what's going on. I see Mike give Steve a weird look and look back out the window.

"No, don't touch it." I hear Dustin say as I look back at the road. "Hey, buddy, shhhh, shhhh. It's okay you put up a good fight, he kicked your ass, but you put up a good fight buddy, you okay? You're okay." Dustin says trying to comfort Steve but he fails miserably. I laugh agreeing that Billy beat Steve's ass.

"Okay you're gonna keep straight for half a mile then make a left on Melsigna." Max says giving me directions from the passenger seat.

"What's going on?" Steve asks clearly confused. Max and I turn around to look at him. "Woah, oh my God." Steve says looking at me. "Steve relax it's Emily she's driven hundreds of times before." Dustin says trying to calm Steve down. The boys start talking in the back and Steve starts yelling as I speed up.

"EVERYBODY SHUT UP! She's trying to focus!" Max yells from the passenger seat, getting annoyed. "Max focus on the map." I say frustrated, as I look back at the road.

She apologizes and looks down at the map. "Shit, this is it. Make a left." Max says from beside me. "What?" I ask confused. "TURN LEFT!" She yells at me. I look up and make a sharp left turn, barely avoiding a mailbox. The boys all scream and I straighten the car back out.

We finally make it to a pumpkin patch and I stop the car. Steve screams and we all look at him. Max and I get out of the car and let down our seats so the boys can get out. Max, Dustin, Lucas, Mike, and I go to the trunk to get out our gear.

I see Steve tumble out of the car and use the roof and door of Billy's car to stand. Max, Dustin, Lucas, and Mike get out the goggles and bandannas as I get the gasoline. I smirk at Steve seeing that he was upset we went with Mike's plan. "Oh, this is gonna be fun." I say as I close the trunk.

"Oh no, guys." Steve says trying to regain a sense of reality. "Hey, where do you think you're going? What are you deaf? Hello!" Steve yells at Mike, who completely ignores him. "We are not going down there right now. I made myself clear!" Steve says getting angry.

Max hands me a pair of Steampunk goggles and a black bandanna. I thank her and round the car with a tank of gasoline.

"Hey, there is no chance we are going in that hole, alright." Steve says as we all ignore him. "Okay, this ends right now!" Steve yells as he grabs a bag out of Dustin's hands.

"STEVE! You're upset I get it. But the bottom line is, a party member requires assistance and it is our duty to provide that assistance. Now I know you promised Nance that you would keep us safe, so keep us safe." Dustin says as he hands Steve a backpack with his nail bat hanging out of it.

"Let's go!" I yell as I follow Max, Lucas, and Mike into the hole. I put on my goggles and bandanna as I see the opening of the tunnel. I tug on the rope to make sure it's secure on the car's front bumper. Satisfied that it didn't give way I make my way down into the hole first.

I look around and turn when I hear someone land behind me. "Glad that you decided to join us, Harrington." I say sarcastically. "Shut up, Em." Steve responds as we help the kids down.

Mike gets out his makeshift map and points his flashlight down one of the tunnels. "Uh- yeah, I'm pretty sure it's this way." Mike says to the group. "You're pretty sure, or you're sure?" Dustin asks from behind Steve and I. "I'm a hundred percent sure just follow me and you'll know!" Mike snaps and starts walking down the tunnel.

"Woah, woah, woah, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, I don't think so. Any of you little shits die down here Emily and I are getting the blame. Got it dipshit?" Steve says grabbing the map from Mike.

"From here on out I'm leading the way." Steve calls back to us. I roll my eyes knowing he just wanted to be in charge. "Come on let's go." Steve says and starts walking. "Come on. Hey, a little hustle!" Steve says from the front. Max and I groan and start walking behind the boys.