6.

I sigh as I walk into the lunch room alone

I sigh as I walk into the lunch room alone. Nancy left to go find Jonathan to ask him about what Steve told her. She asked me why I didn't take her home and I told her that I was after curfew. Nancy understood and was fine with it, thankfully.

Fourth period came and went and Nancy and Jonathan weren't in class. I decided it was probably nothing because Nancy skips all the time but it still worried me because Jonathan never skips.

I walk out of school and look up as I see someone leaning on my Mustang. I sigh in relief seeing, of course, Billy Hargrove himself.

"Hey doll, you okay?" He asks seeing that something was bothering me. "Yeah." I sigh as I run my fingers through my hair. "Okay, tell me." He says in an annoyed tone. "What?" I ask trying to make it seem like I was fine. "Tell me what's bothering you, Em." Billy says getting more and more annoyed but I could hear the worry in his voice.

"Nancy and Jonathan weren't in fourth period." I say with a sigh. "Okay, doesn't Wheeler skip all the time?" He asks as he crosses his arms over his chest. "Well, yeah, but Jonathan never skips." I say getting more worried as I let my thoughts take over me. "Okay, calm down. I'm sure it's nothing everyone skips sometimes. I'm sure they're both fine." Billy says taking my hands in his and trying to calm me down. "Take a deep breath." I do as he says and start to feel a little better.

"They're fine doll." He says again as he looks down at me. "Yeah, you're probably right. I'm sorry." I say with a nod as I close my eyes. He's right I'm just being paranoid. "Hey don't apologize. You have nothing to apologize for; you're just worried about your friends that's all." I nod and give him a small smile. He gives me a reassuring smile in return as he lets go of my hands.

"I gotta go. I'll see you tomorrow doll." He says and smiles at me. "Bye Billy." I say with a smile. "Bye doll." He says as he gets in his Camaro and drives off.

I sigh and get into my Mustang and make my way back to the cabin. However, halfway back I decide that I would check and make sure Nancy is okay.

.•°☾︎𑁍☽︎°•.

I pull into the Wheelr's driveway and get out to ring the doorbell. Mrs. Wheeler answers the door with a smile on her face. "Oh Emily, how wonderful to see you." Mrs. Wheeler responds just as cheerfully as always. "Hi Mrs. Wheeler, is Nancy home?" I ask trying not to let my concern show. "Oh, no, she was just here with Jonathan." She replies with a smile and I let out a quiet sigh of relief.

"Do you know where they are now?" I ask trying to remain hopeful. "Oh yes, Nancy is at Stacy's house. I assume Jonathan went back home." She responds as she puts her hand on her hip. "Did you need to talk to Nancy?" Mrs. Wheeler asks as she quirks her head to the side. "No. No, it's fine Mrs. Wheeler. Thank you." I say with a smile as I start to walk backward down to my car. "Oh, of course, honey." She responds and closes the door.

Stacy's house? Nancy never hangs out with Stacy anymore. I think as I get into my Mustang and drive back home.

I make it home and find no Hopper as expected but I also find no El. "Oh shit." I curse as I run to our Morse Code radio in the living room. I radio Hopper and tell him that El is missing. He responds immediately simply saying "I know" he said that she "snuck out" and to "wait for her there." I groan and walk into my room, slamming the door behind me. God, why can't she follow the damn rules.

About an hour passes and I quickly get off my bed as I hear the door open. I open my bedroom door to see who it is and I sigh in relief to see El.

"Oh God El, don't scare me like that." I say as I walk up to her and wrap her in a tight hug. "Why would he do this?" El sobs into my shoulder. I make her some hot chocolate and have her sit down on the couch.

.•°☾︎𑁍☽︎°•.

"Are you gonna tell me what happened now?" I ask for the third time. The first two times she shook her head and said "no" immediately but this time she doesn't reply at all. I look over at her and wrap my arm around her shoulder as tears form in her eyes.

"I saw Mike with another girl at the school." She says quietly as she nestles her head into my shoulder. I give her a look of pity and reach for her hand. "Hey, you don't know anything is going on between them." I say trying to reassure her. "Yes, but what if something is going on between them?" She asks concerned as she looks up at me. "Well, then Mike doesn't deserve you. He has no idea what he's missing out on." I say and a small smile spreads across El's face.

"Now you know Hopper is gonna be pissed when he gets home so take this time to relax and calm down. Okay?" I say to her with a warm smile. "Okay." She responds with a smile as she stands up and walks into her room.