9. In Need

"Your highness, the prince of Dawcane wishes to see you. Taphay district." A firm voice spoke from outside Prince Mo's carriage. Prince Mo grimaced before answering with a cold, yet audible voice

"I'll see him." He thought it unfair to turn down the messenger who rode all the way to meet him. How his unannounced visit to Raincut got to the ears of the Dawcanes remained a mystery to comprehend. As the protector of Everdusk, he was on a quest to monitor the political situation of the castle and not to have discussions with the nobles.

He barely stepped his foot on Raincut and he was already in for business.

"Shall we visit the castle first before seeing the prince?" The coachman who sat in front of the carriage asked after the messenger left.

"Let's visit the prince." His voice sang from inside. The coachman pulled the reins and the horses obeyed the cue by moving. His entourage followed in subsequence from behind.

They journeyed along the street floored with bricks. His arrival made a grand scene as people scurried to make way for the young prince and his entourage which included footmen, cavalrymen and servants. They stopped in front of a manor.

-

In the meantime, some men who had been stalking from behind were left in a puzzle.

"What's he doing at the Dawcanes residence?" Their leader asked rhetorically but one of his comrades replied not minding.

"That messenger must be from this manor. I think the prince wants to see him." The leader was not satisfied with this reply as his mind wasn't at rest. It was below his expectation for the Dawcanes to be involved in the plan.

"Let's wait here." His manly tone laced thick with curiosity. They remained horsed in their safe spot, shielding in the midst of civilians who jostled here and there.

-

A maid split from his entourage, slid open the door and thrutched the curtain to the right, allowing Prince Mo to gracefully alight from the carriage under the assistance of the maid. He was in a blue tight fitting gown. His two favourite guards alighted from their horses and escorted him as he walked towards the gateway.

The guards who were stationed at the gate defied their immobility by ducking to salute the dignified prince. Prince Mo's wealth and status earned him considerable respect in the society, making him proud of his accomplishments.

He walked with splendour along the pathway demarcating the westward and eastward gardens that were adorned with different species of flowers. His guards, Boln and Hilbwet, tagged along swaggeringly. It wouldn't be a mistake to say that they were very grateful to have the opportunity in their lives to render their services to Prince Mo.

They carried their feet to the pavilion situated at the corner of the westward garden as there was a man waiting there to receive the prince.

"Greetings, Your highness." The man enounced, head lowered in respect. "Your acceptance to my invitation is highly appreciated." The man continued with a welcoming smile and gestured for Prince Mo to sit across from him. He was donning a grey robe. His moustache adjoined the fluffy beard that were spread across his jawline. The table that separated the two contained a metallic jug of wine, two cups, bowls containing different types of fruits and a sealed letter. An impression that Prince Mo's visit was carefully prepared for.

Prince Dousan, a man in his forties was one of the three princes of Dawcane. The princes resided in the three major districts of Raincut, thus, strengthening their influence in Raincut and Eastern Liz as a whole.

"May I know why you called for this meeting?" Prince Mo spoke after sitting. Dousan sat and filled their cups with regard to formality before responding.