11. Experiment

Author's note-

Please this chapter contains extreme violence which may be upsetting. Reader's discretion is advised.

Joanne and Lores swapped glances jubilantly, laughing as if the manipulated element was a comedian.

"You see it is evident that you have the potential of becoming powerful. Never underestimate yourself." Joanne was just as happy as Lores. She watched the bubbling pillar as though she couldn't believe her eyes.

'This is amazing!" Joanne exclaimed. She realized how preternatural and breathtaking the event was. Lores himself couldn't believe he did something of that nature. Once he clenched his feet, the bubbling pillar scattered, uncountable and differing droplets collided with surface of the lake, leaving the upshot to splash on them while they laughed.

"Joanne, thanks a lot." Lores eyes fell on her, lips pressed in. He was indebted to those who supported him right from the scratch, and Joanne was inarguably one of them. Joanne was determined to be of genuine support to Lores even to the ends of the earth. She snapped her dark eyes toward Lores and displayed a beautiful smile.

"You don't have to thank me. I'm willing to give my wholehearted support in whatever you intend to do. What you should never forget is the fact you're not alone." Her eyes were focused on the lake as if she was talking to it. Lores picked up a small stone and flicked it into the lake - a casual act to reflect his sober mood

"With people like you around me, I am content. I can't ask for more." Just then, Vicksen sat up quickly and wiped his face with a hand. He seemed to have been disturbed by the plop.

"What just happened?" He asked, looking from Lores to Joanne. The former chuckled, jittering his head.

"Vicksen you're really one of a kind. A tumultuous wave occurred in the lake but it didn't bring you to your conscious state like the little sound made by a pebble dropping in water did." Vicksen narrowed his eyes. What lores narrated was similar to what he saw in his dream.

"Tumultuous wave?" He blurted out with a meaningful stare. "I had a dream that the lake was agitated and it's current began to rush violently. I couldn't tell the cause of the mystical turn out. It's strange that it's related to what you said."

Lores and Joanne looked at each other as Vicksen's tale sounded incredibly serious.

"That was your half consciousness talking." Joanne infered that his consciousness wasn't totally down when the lake was agitated and hence it appeared in his dream. Vicksen still wore a contemplating expression which was rare and it didn't go down well with Lores.

"What's with that philosophic look on your face. What now? Have you turned to a philosopher haven discovered your talent as a dreamer? That talent of yours will be more favourable when unforseen danger is on the horizon." Lores was more comfortable with the hearty and carefree Vicksen. The latter brightened up his face with a smile, commonizing whatever dream he had.

"I'm a knight not a diviner. I prefer to make use of my sword when in the face of danger." Lores was prompted to nod in oneness at Vicksen's ambitious remark.

"That's the spirit." A genial smile escaped the youth. This was the Vicksen he was familiar with.

-

The trio were trekking on a rocky area with very few trees. It had been close to six days since they embarked on the journey. Rationality warned the travellers that going on this arduous journey without enough cash would adversely affect their livelihood in a bustling place like the capital where they were headed. To avoid being stranded, they sold their horses to a beast vendor in one of the villages located in the outskirts of the capital where they lodged.