13. The Bounty Hunt

Life in the capital...well too noisy and hyperactive. The weather was a bit chilly. People were too indulged in their commercial activities - every man for himself. Lores strolled along the busy street, carefully observing everything around him. It was as if he had nothing to do.

Joanne had started up her embroidery and Vicksen would work under a blacksmith. Here he was, roaming about with the laughable hope of espying palace dignitaries he would stalk. Lores admittedly told himself that he was a distinctively aimless enthusiast. There were many decent manors and huge structures, but none looked like the almighty palace he fancifully pictured in his heart where the terror of the world would reside.

Though he hadn't seen it in person, his intuition presented an incredible assuredness in him. Only few days in the capital seemed like he was born and brought up here. The speed of his adaptation was strange...so strange; if adaptation wasn't an overstatement in this context.

Flumping sounds of gaiting hoofs won Lores' gaze. A proud looking horse, white as the clouds, pastern coated in ring black as it graced with splendour. The horse was indeed beautiful and the person sitting on it was no different. His shoulder length hair rested on the dark blue cloak adorned with snow-white fur that smoothly touched his jaw. His face lustered oily with wealth, and his appearance was commanding reverence.

The horse and its rider had a characteristic match that blended with their proximity. Two horsed guards escorted him - one on the right, one on the left.

Lores watched as their horses gaited towards him and then past him. He discovered that they were screamingly familiar. They seemed not to have noticed him from his spot, so Lores decided to stalk.

"He must be the prince I encountered in the forest. I'll secretly follow him to check out the palace." Lores could tell from the ear cuff on Mo's ear. He smirked like a villain at this thought and sneaked after them with undetectable moves. His long crazy wish had materialized just like that.

Prince Mo's quick-witted guards did not hesitate to inform him that they were being followed.

"Your highness, someone is after us. Shall we capture them?" Boln inquired. His tone zealous and keen.

"No need." Prince Mo answered without batting an eye.

"I'm not on a secret mission neither I'm I on official duty to be spied on by my rivals. Whoever that person may be is not important." He continued. Prince Mo, the third prince of Liz was an outdoorsy person. Since he could no longer explore the world because of his responsibility, he would spend time leisurely around the capital.

His check up on the the castle of Everdusk was productive. He found out that the Dawcanes were discreetly integrating their troops with the troops guarding the castle. If he failed to send someone there to supervise the castle in his stead, the matter may get out of hand.

"Concerning the attempted assassination, shall we aid the manhunt?" Boln questioned with curiosity. Prince Mo thought for a while before replying.

"Speaking of which, many eyes are on that case. We don't have to scramble for benefits. Just keep in touch with the latest development and report to me."

"Roger." Boln replied firmly.

"The Supervisory Council second branch has put up a notice asking for civil assistance. The enthusiastic ones will eye up their surroundings. Some will even go as far as taking it up as a task. Ergo, It's of little consequence if His Highness makes a move or not." Hilbwet told his comrade who unspeakingly concurred. Prince Mo lips suddenly curled up into a smile, picking a unique interest in the matter.

"Interesting! The Supervisory Council for sure knows how to bring the best out of the people. I command you two to follow up the case. I'd like to see who wins the reward at the end of the day." He said with excitement.