54. Mystic Blade of Asura

Lores sat in Lotus style, his eyes resolutely shut in meditation. Driven by his desire to make progress on his magical prowess, he spontaneously submitted to the tutorship of the sage.

"Focus and feel the primordial energy of the sun incorporate your energy vessels. Do not breath too hard. Your breathe should be in rhythm with the rays of the sun; stable and tranquil. Open your heart to the sensation as they explore your body." The sage caressed his beard while enlightening the boy.

Lores absorbed every words of the sage in compliance with the first set of diagrams sketched on the vellum sheet. After a few minutes of absolute concentration, Lores started emitting soft waves of light blue essence energy, a testament of his elemental affinity. The sage smiled when he espied it. The potentiality of Lores was incapable of being ignored.

The transcendental waves left his body like a holy mahasattva while he sat stock still. He willed for his sword to come, and the weapon flew straight away to his grip. With a smirk, he opened his eyes and rose to his feet. Now it was time to practice the other sketches made by the sage. After experiencing a palpable elevation in preternatural strength, he would take a stab at channelling his essence energy to his weapon again.

"You're now in your warrior state." The sage announced to their elation. "The potency of a mage's essence energy is determined by their stage. You will practice as per the directives I have written to enhance your essence energy. How potent can a mage's essence energy be?" The sage looked serious as if puzzled by his own question. He swayed his eyes to the aloof bamboo plantation.

Lores witnessed the emergence of a wind. The sage's hand was shrouded in energy, suggesting an impending catastrophe. With a palm strike, a blast of energy cratered into the bamboo plantation with an exertion 10 times the force of gravity and destroyed it, the stems slumping down on the earth. 

Lores was left agape. Somehow, it reminded him of Idrissa. When was he going to attain such potent essence energy? The sage just continued teaching as if nothing happened.

"That's the impact of a potent essence energy." The sage noticed the gloomy look on his student. He discerned the root of the emotion and conciliated kindly. "Kid, you were able to advance into the stage of familiarity at a very short period of time. You've also tapped into your warrior state with ease. Surely, you will improve in invincibility. It's only a matter of time."

Lores smiled and nodded at his master. He was emboldened. He took the other set of vellum sheets from his master and peered at them one after the other. The sage gave him ample time to study each sheet with care. On the sheets, Lores was studying were sketched a mage practicing several sword moves, the description and significance written underneath it.

After a good while of studying the sheets, Lores took a deep breath and brandished his sword to prepare himself. He did a three-arc combo as per the sketches; horizontal, vertical and horizontal again. It was expected that having tapped into his warrior state, those moves will transcend the limits of ordinariness.

"Repeat the moves for a thousand times. You may improvise." The sage said casually, indifferent to the weight of his words.

"HUH?!?" Was all Lores could utter. He blinked vigorously, hoping he had heard wrongly. A whole 1000 times! He wasn't a marionette for goodness sake!

The sage did not bother to consider the mountain Lores was climbing in his head. He just stroked his beard without replying while staring elsewhere. Lores did not have much choices since he was bent on progress. Besides, he trusted his master. There must certainly be an impact with respect to the swords moves he sketched. Lores sighed hushedly and dove right in to practice.

The sage left for a shade to take a good nap.

Lores swung his sword relentlessly until he couldn't feel his arms any longer. He spun his body as he arced through the air with his sword. The speed of the swiping sound of his sword gradually swelled with every passing moment as he sweated buckets.