36. Azure Mystic Art

In a large hall, several girls were seated in front of their mechanisms for embroidery. They were happily working and chatting with one another. All the girlish topics were discussed from handsome men to the best rouge in the capital.

Lores' horse stopped in front of a gate. He raised his sight and a plaque nailed to the wall stared back at him. 'welcome to Azure Mystic Art' was written on it. Two guards were outside holding clubs. When they saw the unfamiliar visitor, their faces became stiffly inquisitive.

"I came to see someone." Lores said.

"Okay. Wait here." One of the guards replied. He left and came back a while later with another man. The man observed Lores from head to toe. Lores' attire was no commoners' clothing.

"I'm the keeper of this firm. What brings this young master here today? Are you from the palace?" He asked politely.

"I'm from Snowfall Palace. I serve the third prince." The keeper exclaimed in surprise.

"Ah, esteemed guest. Please." He gestured for Lores to enter. Once inside the yard, the atmosphere was consumed with the smell of beauty products. Maids moved about chatting and laughing as if they had nothing doing. The firm seemed completely feminized. To think that there were men living here made Lores shake his head as if he was dizzy.

Peach blossom trees stood graciously in a row. Just opposite was a row of exquisite flowers lined along the hallway. The firm beyond doubt was a distinguished one. It was sponsored by many patrons including Ripplesky palace because the clothes worn by the nobles were majorly made in Azure Mystic Art.

The keeper took Lores along the pathway between one of those peach blossom trees then they turned towards the east wing. The keeper suddenly spoke as they walked towards a building.

"It seems you didn't come here for business. But whatever it is, this humble one shall see to it that it is done." According to the system of dispatch naited by the firm, clothes were usually sent to the palace firsthand while the other elites sent their chief servants as envoys to collect fabrics. But Lores came like a lonely ghost without a carriage so basically, he wasn't here for clothes.

"I have a relative here. I came to visit her."

"If that's the case, then this humble one shall inform the mistress."

The keeper took Lores to the waiting room and asked him to wait there. Lores looked through the window at the back and saw a large yard. Many fabrics embroidered with eye-catching designs of various colour were spread on orderly arranged clotheslines. He was impressed by what he saw.

"Azure Mystic...um...art lives up to its name."

"Greetings Young master. Welcome to Azure Mystic Art. Let this lowly one serve you for the time being." A curtseying pretty lady in bright yellow came to sight. She was wearing a broad smile and her actions were bold. Lores turned and looked at her with unfamiliarity. Judging from her age and appearance, she couldn't be the mistress he was waiting for.

"Who are you?"

"I'm the steward of Azure Mystic Art." She answered with her unwavering smile. "Tea or wine?"

"Anyone."

"Then take wine. It soothes the nerve better in harsh weather." She took the jar from the small table and poured wine into a cup then she sat on a low wooden stool close to the table. Meanwhile Lores was still trying to process what was happening.

"I never knew this firm had a steward." He mentioned and sat across from her.

"Why not? Distinguished guests like you come here to visit. I'm specialized in attending to your needs." Lores nodded and sipped from his cup.