39. Bane

On a warm day, the capital was as lively as ever. The brick-floored street was filled with people who were immensely involved in their businesses. The morning sun cast a rosy hue across the sky, bringing along it a flurry of activities. It was a good day to take a walk...or rather for sun basking.

Two elegant looking men walked along the street, cheerfully observing their surrounding. These men were Prince Mo and Lores. A promise made should be kept. Lores was keeping his promise of showing the simplicity of life to Mo.

Mo's dressing was very plain yet elegant. Lores had before now advised him to go incognito so as to easily blend in with the common folks. There were no escort guards around him. He was arrayed in a simple grey robe draped on an inner white raiment. He was acessorily free. There was no ear cuff or hairpin on him. He hair loosely hung down with a white ribbon holding the top. Adding to his refined aura was a waving fan in his right hand and his undeniable handsomeness. He perfectly looked like a refined gentleman.

Lores, on the other hand was also simply attired. There was no sword latched to his side, no accessories. A plain platinum-white robe was donned on him. His extremely raven long hair fell smoothly to his midback, his long pigtails extending across his shoulders. His face lustred like monolith, his lips faintly red but well endowed. His almond eyes dovetailed his expertly pointed nose. It was almost difficult to tell his gender. He was like a masterpiece of human graphics.

They both were a perfect match.

In the bright morning light, the bustling nature of the environment called for a spectacular feeling of mirth and relieve, as if nothing else mattered. As they walked, there was an unexplainable joy felt from seeing the common folks carry out their activities unrestrained.

Mo was ultimately amazed by it. He had lived a complex life entangled with ardent formalities, schemes and undue grandeur. It felt different from sitting in Exclusive Tavern, drinking the most expensive wine. He kept observing the environment with glee as if it was his first time in the capital.

Lores pointed at particular direction where a crowd collected.

"Look! Let's check it out." Mo smiled and followed after Lores like a simpleton. When they joined the crowd, they saw the cause of attention was a swordsman. His sword was clutched behind him while he spoke with confidence.

"Ladies and gentlemen, today I'm going to show you a peerless swordsmanship. It is called song of immortals." The crowd 'ohed' in awe. They were impatient to see what the swordsman had in store for them. Lores rolled his eyes.

"Just show us your skills. What's this bragging all about?"

The man began to perform his peerless swordsmanship. His sword whooshed serially against the wind. His wrist was flexible and he was quite skillful. He swirled his body, slashed and swiped. He jumped, then cartwheeled, thrusting his sword with full energy. After performing, he bowed to the crowd. They exclaimed and clapped after witnessing the entertaining display.

"Good!"

"Really good!"

"Awesome!"

"Amazing."

The crowd cheered with satisfaction. Base on Lores' evaluation, the swordsman was skilled but he lacked intent. It was just a show to showcase his skill and merit accolades for himself. A swordsman without intent cannot defeat an enemy.

The crowd never stopped cheering and clapping. Mo had even flipped his folding fan closed to join the ceremony. He clapped cheerfully while donning what could be called a silly smile on his face. Lores was really taken aback by the type of Mo standing beside him right now.