22. Summoned

"Seven."

Seven came forward like a good lad. He found himself being nervous as to what Mo was about to say to him.

"Your highness." He carried his head down. After a while Mo asked.

"Do you still live in that inn." Lores' nervousness augmented. It was rare for Prince Mo to go straight to the point when conversing. Notwithstanding, Lores answered with different thoughts warring in his head.

"Yes... your highness." Mo turned to a specific direction.

"Go towards that lane, turn to the left and move further. There is a board along that bears the words 'Dan's crafts'. If you like you can go into the smithy with your friend. He will take you in. But if you still want to stay in the inn, you're free to do so." Lores fell into a gape. If truly Mo was providing a residence for him, then he wouldn't have to spend further expenses. As to why the prince suddenly helped him, he couldn't tell.

"I'm obliged, your highness." He bowed to show gratitude.

"The smith have been here for so many years. He is going to acquaint you with the capital. As you tread with me I want you to give your all. You won't lack anything." For the first time, Lores thought Mo was being considerate...but was he really willing to give his all? Mo, as someone who had connections in the capital wanted his agent guard's fealty and sense of belonging.

Mr Dan was one of Mo's spies who was in the disguise of a craftsman. Sending Lores there would create an impression of his apprenticeship to Mr Dan, and save him from being noticed by the second prince's spies. He was sure Lores wouldn't turn him down in order to meet financial needs.

The sky rumbled, and the rain began to murmur. immeasurable droplets fell freely on the earth. Mo looked up to the sky and without further thought he mounted his horse.

"Move!" He said aloud. His crew got on their horses and sped off with him.

A young person was seated in his well lit private parlour, the maids attending to his needs. After a while, he asked them to leave. They curtseyed and left immediately.

"Come out." The young person said audibly. Accordingly, a figure clad in black emerged from the curtained area at the side. A sword was across his waist. The young person smiled with satisfaction at the appearance of the figure.

The figure walked briskly and stood in front of his superior.

"Six, it's nice to see you." Mo spoke in a slow tone filled with pleasure. Eleven clenched a hand and placed it on his chest.

"Your highness, I'm at your disposal." Prince Mo nodded perfunctorily as he poured tea from a ceramic kettle into his cup. He only spoke after a quick sample.

"The court is apparently divided. I want you to investigate who those officials have met with recently. Also, take note of who they interact with."

"Noted." A firm reply came. Six went towards the curtain and in the next second, he vanished into thin air with no trace of his black cloth to be found.

Mo went to his room and was about to pull a secret drawer from his cabinet. To be rest assured, he wanted to check if the bronze seal was still in tact. After heaving a sigh of courage, he attempted to slide out. At that instant, a knock was heard on his door. He suspended his action and permitted whoever it was to come in.

Hilbwet showed up and spoke with a voice of urgency.

"An envoy from the palace is here to see you." He couldn't decipher the reason Mo was being summoned. Mo suddenly wore a brief thoughtful look before stepping out, Hilbwet tagging along.