44. Red Moth Village

The squeaks of excited girls echoed nonstop. Their voices were enticing as they giggled at the flirtatious flatteries showered on them by a fellow wearing a loosed outer garment. The noise lasted for long.

Prince Karick drawled his speech. He lolled his head from one side to another. He was seemingly tipsy. The girls flocked around him like buzzing flies around poop. His table was a mess. Some cups were knocked over and the air reeked of alcohol.

Jared, Karick's personal guard stood very close to the window. He was strictly viewing the surroundings outside, his sword hugged to his chest. He was already accustomed to Karick's promiscuous life, so the ambience had no impact on him. His composure was calm as if nothing was happening around him.

Just then, a pigeon sailed onwards and perched on the windowsill. Karick lightened up immediately. He hoisted the pigeon and took out the furled small piece of paper lashed to its tarsus. When he read the paper, he became alarmed. He hurriedly went to where Karick was messing himself up and presented it.

"Your highness, you need to see this." Karick dallied before listlessly taking the paper. He jolted his head to enhance his sight. It took time for Karick to read the letter word after word. He became greatly unnerved thereafter. His foolishness left him like some evil spirit.

With a fist, he clouted his sandalwood table in patent irritation, his eyes blazing red with anger. The poor sandalwood table nearly revealed cracks from Karick's indignant exertion. The ladies gasped in fright. The high-spirited person who seemed to be in cloud number nine surrounded by fairies was now back to his room with annoying freaks squeaking like rats around him.

The fuming prince's mutation of mood left the girls bemused. They were afraid of edging near to him as if the form was Dracula himself.

"Get out. All of you." Jared used his discretion when he saw the buoyancy had been put off. The girls hastily did as they were told.

Karick just got the intelligence of Miss Russ visitation to Snowfall Palace, and felt exceedingly chagrined about it.

"That ungrateful bitch!"

Exclusive Tavern

Four persons flocked around a table- Mo, Hilbwet, Lores and six.

Six looked at Mo's face for permission to speak in the presence of Lores who he found unfamiliar. The agent guards do not really know themselves that much. They mostly get to know their associates via communication code.

But Mo was present. There was no need for communication code. He addressed the protectiveness of six by himself.

"This is seven, your immediate junior." He directed his face to Lores. "And this is six, your immediate senior." The agent guards nethered their heads before six moved to business immediately.

"Your highness, there have been reports in Red Moth Village about a demon kidnapping people. Those who managed to escape have moved into the town. They were all mourning their loved once, and begged for help."

The report was appealing to Mo. He asked with inquisitiveness.

"Red Moth Village is located in which town?"

"Blackwood Town." Six answered. Mo then became amused for a split second.

"Demon, huh? What? Is this some stage performance or novel?" Tales about demons were mostly told by story tellers and written as fictional characters in novels. Hearing about a real demon in the same capital where he lived was quite unbelievable.

"I think another party is already causing a ripple. To take action when the archmage is still walking the world shows that they are well prepared." Hilbwet opined. Lores perceived a prospective eventful expedition. He said with a neat smile.