46. The Sage

The lady experienced an overpowering strength. She retracted her sword and took few steps backwards.

"How did your essence energy grow stronger within a short time?"

Lores laughed.

"Honestly I don't even know. It seems your demise has been predestined."

Lores lunged at her, his sword clouded by a layer of energy. They clanged their weapons, a fierce wave spreading out from the exertion. Lores, truly did not know the source of his strength.

The interchanged blows with their swords. Their movements were swift and performed with extraordinary strength. Lores' martial arts were on par with hers after the revival.

The lady whirled and slashed. Her sword brandished against the wind, bringing along it a deadly wave. Lores rapidly leaned back and successfully evaded. He sprang and slashed down with his sword, bloodlust bubbling in his eyes. She parried, but to her disbelief, the sword force nearly brought her to her knees. Lores exertion irked her, as she swirled away her sword from the lock.

She artfully whooshed her sword. Lores could see a spiralling wave coming angrily at him. He made one slash at it, and a violent wave left his blade and collided with the spiralling wave. The outcome was a deafening squash sound, and dissipation of energy.

Mo viewed the battle, not sure if he should be worried or scared. He had really seen a lot today. To see mages brutally at each other's throat was too heavy for him to absorb.

Lores was amazed by his questionable magical prowess. His eyes wandered his sword as he confusedly quizzed himself of his actions. Before he could fully taste the excitement, the lady was already lunging at him with a yell of anger, her sword tilting forward. He instantly became wakeful and twirled wonderfully. At that moment, he noticed his strength had amplified again. Although he couldn't understand the abnormalities his body exhibited, he was somehow comfortable with it, not to mention it happened at a crucial time.

He attacked her with unceasing strokes, provoking a rush of wave to surround them. The lady managed to parry continuously, but with great struggle. The sword force of Lores was unbearable for her that she became disorganized.

Lores leapt towards heaven, gathering energy onto his weapon. Energy converged and vapoured around his sword.

He darted towards her like a missile, his diamond shaped mark glinting willfully, a rush of energy trailing him. Beclouded by a great aura, he seemed like a demigod descending wrathfully from the clouds.

The lady tried to shield with her weapon, but Lores' sword force was irresistible. She was savagely repelled, slamming a willow tree with her rear, blood trickling down the corner of her mouth.

Lores landed unscathed. He stared a short time at her before facing Mo with a slight smile. He held his shoulder, ambling towards the prince.

Prince Mo was astounded.

"Seven, you..." His eyes revealed great shock. He didn't know how to address the state of Lores.

"The woman probably came from that hall. Let's go in." Lores walked towards the building without giving Mo a chance to fix himself. Mo only followed quietly, as if he was exhausted by something. It would take a great mental effort to fix himself.

They entered a side hall and was welcomed by a grim atmosphere. Before the intrusion of the demon, the hall had been previously used for meetings among the village head and the council of elders.

On the stage at the extreme end of the hall, the posterior of a black cowled man could be seen. His robe billowed in the sinister ambience, making an eerie scene of a ghastly monster.