25. Fense County (1)

"Your amulet is quite showy." Mo hinted on instinct and felt a tinge of regret later on. However, one would be naturally inquisitive as to how a poor village boy could own such a conspicuous property. If it wasn't for the uneasiness caused by the overly bold Lores, he wouldn't have bothered asking.

He made his way through the courtyard where a plum tree stood in the middle, leaving a facially disorganized Lores who was busy figuring out an answer. That amulet was the only thing left by his dad. It reminded him that he had a dad, and therefore he wouldn't dare gibber about its relevance to a potential enemy. He sighed, darting his eyes to his chest.

"The amulet?" He asked as if he was taken aback by the sudden appearance of the ornament around his neck through some unspeakable spell.

"No need to play dumb. I may be a prince but I'm also an accomplished businessman. I have used it a lot that when I see pure gold anywhere I can recognize it even if it were in disguise." Mo said without looking back. It was obviously an indication of his curiosity. Commoners couldn't afford gold but the one who infiltrated his palace remained the most amusing and difficult-to-solve puzzle on planet earth. Who exactly was seven? Why does he seem different in a kind of weird way?

Lores immediately understood what Mo was driving at. If Mo becomes suspicious of him then his plan would crumble. He'd better come up with a credible, level-headed response or else...it would go south.

"What if I told you I stole it, will you believe?" Seven asked jovially as he towed. Mo stopped abruptly, sparing seven a sparkle of a gaze. A discerning expression coloured his face as he leaned on a pillar.

"Seven, you're kind-hearted. You wouldn't steal...or should I be wary of you?" Lores stopped his movement also, a small laughter escaping him.

"Wary of me? Your highness, your palace is heavily guarded plus you are always with escorts. Who dares steal from you?" Mo curved his lips and jittered his head.

"Is that all you see?" Lores' statement sounded like a piece of joke. Despite the sufficient security he was sophisticated with, he still couldn't give account of the bronze seal till now. "I once thought like that too. Complacency can make one drop their guard."

Lores' curiosity suddenly perked up. "My prince, did something happen recently?" Prince Mo was reluctant to talk about it. In fact, he regretted saying those words that led to the unwanted conversation they were having. He shoved the question aside with: "I'll let you know what you ought to know."

"Did you misplace the bronze seal." After the interesting incident that happened in that restaurant, seven already predicted the orlay of Mo. The key figure in the whole set up was the seal. The keeper played no significance that the tireless gossipers didn't even take whoever it was into consideration, and the repercussions that would possibly ensue if it went south. Mo stared wordlessly at lores. Just let him taste the juice and he'll tell you the ingredients.

"I already saw it coming." He took Mo's silence as a positive reply to the question. "Although I steal from arrogant rich people, I do not have the nerve to steal a symbol of military authority. Besides, it's useless to me." Seven innocently said while he stared earthward in wonder. Mo furrowed his eyebrows after his guard was done speaking.

"What are you trying to say?" Seven glanced quickly at Prince Mo who continued before Lores could sort himself out. "Seven, I didn't throw you out for sneakily entering my mansion but here you are calling me arrogant."

Lores blinked frenetically, wondering how Mo's guards got along with him. "My prince, you read too much meanings to petty things. If your conscience is clear enough why make a fuss?"

After a bout of unanswerableness, Mo went toward a pavilion and sat on one of the pavement. He poured wine into two cups and drank from one. Seven remained the only person he'd seen without the usual revere for him. Someone like him can be decisive when called on. His wits in analysing cases, if put into good use will bring fruition and at the same time, be advantageous to his purpose.