Fading

Mina's room was filled with silence as she was laying on the bed. The sun was setting, and though the night was about to begin she felt tired. She was completely drained out of her energy, and she barely moved. She sighed heavily, her body completely limp as she was staring at the ceiling. It was silent, and she felt like she was fading further and further into a deep abyss. 

A loud knock came from Mina's door, Gauthier barging in, "Child, wake up!" Gauthier came in Mina's room, but saw that she was already up, "Did you sleep, child?"

"Uhm..." Mina rubbed her eyes, not knowing if she did or not. She smiled disheartening and looked at Gauthier, "I honestly don't know myself."

Gauthier frowned, "Well... I wish I can let you rest for a bit, but you must come with me."

Mina scooted at the edge of the bed, "What for?"

"To prep yourself for the celebration! It is tomorrow night."

"Oh..." Mina sighed, "The celebration..."

"You probably didn't notice since the nights have been going faster, haven't they?" Gauthier laughed, hoping to ease the tension between him and Mina, but Mina didn't react. Instead she looked down, gripping on the bed sheets. 

"No... it just felt like an eternity that I forgot about it..."

Ever since that encounter between Tzuyu and Mina in the room together, they haven't seen each other. Tzuyu hasn't called Mina to her office, nor let Gauthier interact with her. Food would be placed at the front of the door, and though she was not hungry, she ate it so that Tzuyu wouldn't be mad. Her Mistress was always in her head, and she didn't know how to get her out, which is why it felt like an eternity to her. 

But to Gauthier - though it was a failed attempt to uplift the atmosphere - the nights have been going quickly. Whilst Mina was trapped in her room, he has been walking around everywhere in the mansion to get everything ready for the preparation. He was unable to talk with Tzuyu at all either, but as the head butler he knew what he had to do, and he was hoping that the sooner he was done, the sooner he could see Mina and comfort her. But it was like Tzuyu knew what he wanted, and the only time she conversed with him was when she told him that seeing Mina was strictly forbidden. He had no choice but to oblige, and the mansion was practically done with the décor preparation, the other slaves were done, and all that was left to do was get Mina's apparel and dress fitting ready.

The butler questioned as to why Madam Tzuyu left Mina to be done last, but he was glad that he is finally able to see and check up on her. 

"How have you been feeling?" Gauthier asked, "Any symptoms?"

"Symptoms?" Mina asked.

"Yes." Gauthier nodded, "The mark."

"Ah..." Mina touched her neck, rubbing the ouroboros mark, "There are times where I felt hot, but it's not nearly as bad as last time." 

Gauthier nodded once more, "I see." His eyes trailed down at Mina's mark, and notices that some parts of it was faded. His eyes widened, and he placed his hands on her neck to examine it, but Mina aggressively slapped his hands away.

"I-I'm sorry! I just..." She gripped onto her hand, "Don't touch it..."

Gauthier stared at her, "No, you have nothing to be sorry for. I touched you without permission, my apologies." 

Mina nodded, "It's just that... instead of having that hot sensation as before, now it just aches. It would hurt... that's why... I'm sorry for hitting you..."

The butler gently placed his hands onto of Mina's hands, "Please don't say that." 

The human let out a sigh, and she turned her head, "Has... has she also felt like that?"