Stunning

"M-mm..."

Mina rolled over on the bed to her side, enjoying the soft mattress. Her body was sinking in, and she did not wanted to get up. She could sleep all day and that's what she was going to do.

"..."

"Day?"

Suddenly, Mina sprung up out of bed and looked at the balcony. It was dark, but it still had sunlight. She sighed and plopped on the bed - it must've been early morning.

"..."

"Wait..."

Again, Mina sprung up and glared at the balcony and the sun was going down. It wasn't morning, it was the opposite. It was becoming night.

In a flash, Mina remembered everything. She was in such a great sleep that she forgot where she was, and what saddened her is that Tzuyu is the one that caused her to be in a deep slumber. The one time where she actually got rest is because of how abusive Tzuyu is; it drained her physically and most importantly, mentally.

"No... why..." Mina thought to herself and sulked, "Why am I still here..."

Suddenly, the door opened and Gauthier came in with his bubbly and happy aura, smiling widely at Mina, "Oh, good! You're already awake! Please, get up and get ready!"

"Gauthier?" Mina murmurer sheepishly, still half asleep. "What do you mean? What's going on?"

"Child, have you forgotten? Tonight is the party! Please get up and come with me to the dressing room to get the outfit your Madam picked for you set up and ready."

Mina stared at Gauthier in disgust from the name of a certain person being brought up. She started to rub her temples again, a headache springing up from how much Mina despises her mistress.

"No." Mina said boldly and went down on the bed on her side, revealing her ripped shirt and her exposed scars and scabs to Gauthier, "I'm not going."

Gauthier stared at her back and frowned. At that instant, Gauthier forgot everything Mina told him while he examined her back and thought of the worst outcomes upon seeing her damaged back, "Child, what happened?"

"Mm." Mina mumbled and curled up, "She was going to hurt me."

"Child." Gauthier stood beside the bed and placed his hand on Mina's shoulder and gently gripped her, "I don't understand. She was going to hurt you? Please, tell me what happened while you come with me to the dressing room."

"No."

"Ch-" Gauthier stopped himself and tilted his head, surprised by Mina's quick answers and how she wasn't stuttering. Usually and all the encounters they had, she had trouble with her own words and never completed a sentence without stuttering. But now she wasn't and she was being incredibly stubborn; all because of how frightened she was of the vampire.

"Did she hurt you?"

"..."

The atmosphere was dead silent for a few minutes, and Mina's heartbeat could be heard increasing by the second.

After a few seconds, she answered softly, "No... she didn't."

Gauthier let out a sigh of relief and smiled, "Then you do not have to worry about anything. You will be in Madam's care."

"Care?" Mina rose her soft voice and turned around quickly, glaring at Gauthier with teary red eyes, showing her vulnerability, "How am I in her care? She was going to hit just like how those men were going to in the auction house!"

"Child... I forgot about that when I saw your back just right now. I thought Madam did hurt you, but I'm glad she didn't."

"That doesn't change anything!" Mina snarled and grabbed the pillow, holding it tightly, "I'm scared. I don't want to leave this room."