Home Sweet Home

Mina opened her eyes slowly, stretching her arms and legs wide on the very soft and massive bed that she was laying on.

She came in realization as she recollected what happened the night before, sitting up quickly and looking around the humongous room she was in.

The room all around was a nice black color, except the ceiling which was a soft grey. The room had a very specific color coordination consisting of just black, a soft white, and grey. 

She looked to the left and there was a big opening to the restroom. A white and shiny tub was there and right next to it was a toilet. 

She sighed and looked down at the blanket.  

The room was a very luxurious sight; it gave off a warm and soft aura around it. 

Yet, she knew she doesn't belong here.

Mina then looked to the right and there was a double-door with black covers covering it - it was  a balcony.

She knew that she was going to be treated more vigorously here than how she was treated in the auction house, and she wanted to do anything to get away even if it was risky. 

Mina prompt herself up on the bed and slowly got off the comforting material. She made her way to the double door and gripped the knobs, shaking a bit. She turned the knobs and opened the door, revealing that it was night again.

Mina took a step outside and her bare feet was against the freezing surface of the concrete. She shivered and looked to her sides, touching the railings softly. 

That's when she remembered that vampires are active at night. She gulped and retreated a bit, but soon stepped up against the rail again, slowly lifting up her leg to get on it.

She wanted to get away as soon as possible; she didn't care that she was going to be lost somewhere, she just didn't wanted to be captive and treated like an animal.

But her schemes were ruined when a knock was heard from the door. In a panic, she quickly got down from the railings and went back in her room, closing the double-doors very silently so nothing was heard. 

She walked towards the door and hesitated, freezing in place. 

"U-Uhm..." She stuttered and the person behind the door must've heard.

"Please do not freight. I am the head butler of this beautiful mansion, and Madam has sent me to your room to look after you and wonder about your well being. May I come in?"

The soft and raspy voice soothed Mina down, making her heart beat slowly go back to normal.

She replied softly, "Yes... come in..." 

The door opened and a well groomed elderly man came in the room with an expressive looking tray. He had wrinkles along his forehead, neck and cheeks, yet he still looked so gorgeous and young. So many questions were spiraling in Mina's head.

"Are you hungry?" He asked Mina as he placed down the tray on Mina's bed. 

Mina was frozen in place, staring at the man and the tray that had sunny side up eggs, a biscuit and a good portion of hash browns.

"Uhm..."

"Please, come here child." The butler waved his hand to Mina, signaling her to come next to him.

She did what she was told and sat down slowly and very consciously, suspicious if the butler will do anything.

The butler must've heard her thoughts because he reassured her, "Please be calm. I mean no harm."