Ultraviolet

'I can't help you right now!'

'She will rip you to shreds!'

'Get your dirty hands off of me!'

Everything that has happened the night before kept replaying in Mina's head as she was sleeping. It seemed like it was haunting her that she started to get a headache.

The human started to tussle around in her bed, soon laying on her side and started to slowly open her eyes.

She noticed a figure in bed with her as well; her hazy vision too blurry to know what or who it was. Her eyes traveled up as her vision became more clear, soon her eyes locking on another pair of eyes that were wide open. It was Tzuyu, and her eyes were wide open, staring intensely and creepily into Mina.

The human felt her stomach churn as her heart rate increased. She started to shake and felt paralyzed by the intimidating stare.

"What's the matter?"

Tzuyu reached over and grabbed Mina, pulling her close to her body, "It's like you saw a ghost."

"O-oh..."

Mina chuckled awkwardly, but she literally was in a cold sweat. It really seemed like Tzuyu was going to do something horrible to her; just like what Eleah told her.

The human looked up and saw Tzuyu who was now staring at her, hey eyes soft and glistening. She shook the feeling she had before and questioned, "W-why are you here with me?"

"I told you that I was going to be with you." The vampire answered softly, not looking away from her pet.

Mina nodded and looked down, "Were you... watching me sleep the whole entire time?"

Tzuyu chuckled, "Do you believe in that absurd urban legend that vampires do not sleep?"

"Uhm..." Mina shrugged her shoulders, not really knowing anything about vampires. Before vampires took over, she would read books about vampires since it was interesting. There were a lot of different intakes of what vulnerabilities vampires had; like their weakness being a holy cross, garlic, a stake and the sunlight. She doesn't know if any of those things harm them, but she does know that silver is the only thing that can kill vampires since Tzuyu told her. Other than that, that's all she knows, but of course she wants to know more and now is a good chance.

"I don't know... is it true?"

Tzuyu shook her head, "No. Vampires sleep, but it depends on the region. When it's winter; vampires sleep only for a few hours, upmost 3 since it gets dark pretty early. Even though it is summer, it gets dark rather early in Switzerland.

Mina nodded, finally understanding at least one thing of vampires - that being of their sleep cycle.

"Were you here the whole entire time?"

"Yes. I was watching you. You were sleeping for way too long; the night is about to end."

"..." Mina shot up on her bed and looked at the balcony, seeing the sun rise. She looked over at Tzuyu, "I-I'm sorry. I didn't do any chores for you."

"I'm used to you being useless, so that is dismissed. I just wanted to make sure you were safe. Even though vampires don't sleep for a long time, I didn't want you to be here alone."

Mina felt her heart pound, listening to Tzuyu's soft voice of worry, "Why not?"

"That person. You said it was one of my helpers, but I am very skeptical. I don't know what their intentions are, so I didn't wanted to risk 3 hours of me not looking after you because of it."