Episode 11 Inspection

I was in a good mood from the morning.

After all, today is the day that His Highness Esmerald will come to our territory for the first time.

The eldest brother, Lazurite, sitting next to me gave me a bitter smile.

6 years older than me, 19 years old. After graduating from the academy, he is engaged in practical work in the territory as a future lord.

"Don't worry, once you enter the territory, magic will give you a hint, so you'll know right away."

"That's right, but..."

My brother gently strokes my stuttering hair.

Brother Lazurite has a calm and gentle personality, and I think he looks a lot more like my mother than I, who is said to "look a lot like my mother."

In addition, my second brother, Tirolite, is an optimist just like his father. I'm currently enrolled in the Academy of Magic, so I won't be back until winter break.

In my previous life, I lived separately from a young age, so I wasn't particularly close to them, but in this life, I'm pretty loved as a younger sister.

It was very embarrassing, but it wasn't a bad feeling.

Now then, the reason why His Highness is coming to our territory is for inspection purposes.

Princes over the age of 12 have more opportunities to go outside the castle as they approach adulthood. The biggest one is the inspection tour around the country.

When the social season is over and most of the nobles return to their respective territories, it is customary to leave the royal capital around the end of autumn and travel around several territories for about a month.

His Highness Esmeraldo is 13 years old this year, and this is his second visit.

The destinations for inspection are mostly selected from duchy territories and marquis territories with high importance, so they rarely come to a lowly marquis like us.

If it's on the road, I'll stay overnight, but since our territory is around the eastern edge of Heliodor, it's unlikely to be a road.

By the way, if you ask why Marquis Jarossis is at the eastern end, it's to keep the magic beasts in check... It sounds good, but in short, I'm a newcomer, so I just got an unpopular land.

In the event of a phenomenon known as the "Demonic Beast Disaster," in which a large number of magical beasts emerge from the sea, the territory at the edge of the island is the first to be exposed to danger.

Another reason is that our family has been good at water magic for generations.

For some reason, monsters, enemies of humans, are not good at water, even though it comes from the sea.

It has a habit of not wanting to get close to water places such as rivers and lakes, and dislikes getting water on its body.

I've never touched the sea because it's forbidden for people to get close to it, but I've heard that sea water is very salty, so I'm sure it looks like water, but it's something completely different.

The reason for this is unknown, but water magic is an effective means of defense against magical beasts.

For that reason, the Marquis of Jarossis is far from being an inspection destination for the prince, but this time His Highness decided to enter one of the inspection destinations with the simple wish of "I want to see the nature and creatures of the Marquis of Jarossis." .

Actually, I asked for it last year, but it was rejected, and it seems that I managed to get it this year.

I received a letter from His Highness saying, "I'm really looking forward to it."