Episode 38 New Year's Celebration (Part 1)

New year has come. Age counts at the beginning of the new year, so I'm 16 now.

 Feeling somewhat refreshed, I asked Cornell to help me change.

"The young lady's hair is conspicuous, so let's put it together in the hat."

"yes"

 Hide your hair tied up as small as possible in a large hat with a brim.

"... How is it? Isn't it strange?"

"It's okay. It's very nice."

 Take another look at yourself in the full-length mirror.

 What I'm wearing today isn't my usual uniform or dress, but a thick green dress.

 On top of this, put on the same dark blue coat as the hat. She should look like a merchant's daughter with a little money or something like that. perhaps.

 Yes, I am incognito today.

 When I left the girls' dormitory with Cornell, Volz was already standing at the entrance.

"Sorry to keep you waiting"

"No, it's okay"

 Volts is a simple charcoal gray coat. Is it because the waist is loose to hide the sword underneath? He's my bodyguard today.

"Let's hurry. If we don't hurry, people will gather."

 Today is the day His Majesty the King holds a parade to celebrate the New Year.

 A number of carriages form a procession, leaving the castle and slowly advancing down the main street. Then we go around the square with the big fountain and go back to the castle again.

 Most of the nobles are not in the royal capital at this time, so it's mostly an event for commoners. For commoners, this once-a-year parade is a rare chance to see His Majesty.

 For that reason, the carriage is designed with a wide open top so that His Majesty can be seen clearly, but since the royal palace magician puts up a protective barrier with all his might, it is a safe, warm and secure specification.

 Right behind His Majesty's carriage is the Prince's carriage. Since my attendant also rides on this, I experienced this parade every year in my previous life, but no matter how many times I tried to smile and wave at the people who filled the roadside, I was extremely nervous.

 I know that it's not me that everyone is waving and impressed with, but His Majesty, Her Highness the Queen, and Her Highness the Prince, but as expected, I can't let my guard down.

 Moreover, after I grew up, portraits of His Highness waving and me began to appear on the market.

 His Highness understands, but I wanted him to stop drawing me. Moreover, it is in a very beautified appearance. I wouldn't say I'm ashamed.

 This parade has become irrelevant to me in this world, but I'm in the royal capital at the beginning of the year. I definitely wanted to see the parade from the same standpoint as the commoners.

 After all, everyone in the royal capital who saw them from inside the carriage was deeply moved, and they were waving their hands and flags with genuine joy.

 His Majesty the current King has quite a good reputation among the people. Although he inherited the throne at a young age, he listens carefully to the opinions of those around him and builds a stable reign by recruiting trustworthy people regardless of their social status or experience.

 It was due to the excellent skills of His Majesty the previous and the previous generations, but I think it would be difficult to properly inherit and make use of what was left behind.