Episode 12 Nickel's Family Circumstances 1

Nickel Pecloras has the utmost respect for the first prince of this country, Esmerald.

 The prince is the same age as Nickel, but he has a good appearance, an outstanding swordsmanship, and excels academically.

 Nickel knows that he is a little taciturn, but thoughtful and kind-hearted.

 After all, he is a benefactor to Nickel and his family.

 The story dates back to nearly a year ago.

 Nickel, who came to a certain tea party, was very depressed that day.

 Because my father and mother were arguing again this morning.

 The contents are as usual, the mother who wants to take her younger sister and return to the territory, and the angry father who refuses to allow such a thing.

 My mother, who has always been reserved, won't give up this time, so my father's head is pretty bloody.

 It had become Nickel's daily routine to comfort her sister by stroking her head when she was depressed when she heard that voice. rice field.

 I can't help but worry that I might be crying by now.

 However, it was decided that today's tea party must be attended. It's important because my father asked a friend to invite me.

 The host is a daughter of a certain influential marquis family, but surprisingly the first prince is also attending this tea party today.

 Like Nickel, the prince is about to enter the academy in the fall.

 My father's order is to somehow get acquainted with him now and take him in if possible.

 However, it doesn't seem to Nickel that the prince is going to deal with himself.

 The Pecloras family has a higher rank among the Earls, but that's it. Nickel himself, his eldest son, is nothing special.

 The sword is at best average, and the head is not particularly good.

 I have some confidence in the painting I learned from my mother, but this is not something I can boast about to boys and girls of my age. It is a hobby that is rather alienated from her father.

 I didn't think I could bring up a topic that would please the prince, who was rumored to be quiet and didn't talk much. He would be a character if he could remember his face at most.

 At the tea party, as expected, the eyes of the young ladies were focused on the prince and his attendants.

 As rumored, the prince didn't speak much himself, but instead, the attendant who sat next to him responded well and elicited a short reply from the prince.

 It seems that there are many daughters who are attracted to her well-turned tongue and refreshing and sweet smile, and are rather obsessed with her attendants.

 The squire is properly talking about men, but it's clear that the young ladies aren't interested in other men, and I don't really know what the prince is thinking.

 In his heart, Nickel thought that it was a waste of time to come.

 Nickel, who had become somewhat silly, said he would go to wash his hands on the way and left his seat.

 I sat down in a corner of the garden away from the tea party table, by the pond, which seemed to be out of sight.

 I wonder what my little sister is doing these days. I wonder if she's listening to her mother's complaints.