Episode 9 Knight Family Siblings

Carnelia put down the cup of tea she was holding up and brushed her bright red hair.

 This is Carnelia's room in the dormitory. Seated across from her is Carnelia's older brother, Spinel, who is two years older.

 I have a feeling that I want to ask him what he's here for, but I think that's something I should say from the other side, so I've been silent since a while ago.

 Carnelia has no intention of spoiling her brother.

“…How was the study session?”

 Finally my brother opened his mouth. Carnelia replied sharply while pouting inwardly that it was the case after all.

"It ended without a hitch. Linaria-sama taught me carefully, and my studies made a lot of progress."

"Really"

 Silence again. Carnelia is irritated inside.

"Everyone was friendly and had a great time."

"that is…"

"Linaria-sama and Sylvin-sama too! Those two seem to get along unexpectedly."

 I ended up saying it because I was sloppy.

"Oh really"

 A slightly surprised face makes me drink a little. If I wanted to ask, I should have said so from the beginning.

“If it bothered you that much, you should have participated.”

"Can you do that?"

 What my brother is talking about is probably Sylvin-sama.

 She's not a bad person, but my brother always wants to keep a certain distance from the young lady who approaches him like that. I know there are many reasons for that.

"That's why I can't be bothered if you use me as you please, brother. Master Linaria is an important friend, and if I can protect you, I will protect you, but that's not for your brother's sake, is it?"

"Nobody asked for that."

“It must have been my brother who told me, ‘Invite Linaria to the tea party’. It's not that

"When are you talking about?"

"Only three years ago, brother."

 Carnelia sighed at her brother's disgusted face.

“…I know that Onii-sama cares about Lady Linaria. did you?"

 Carnelia recalls that it was quite shocking. She thinks it was obvious to everyone.

"That's not what you mean."

"Where is it? For a long time, I've been trying to keep other men away from Linaria-sama. I'm sure that's what your brother did."

 She is a very beautiful and lovely girl. She's not very sociable, but she's from a family of magicians and has high magical powers, so normally she should be approached by more men. Yet, for some reason, it had rarely happened before.

 Speaking of people who can do it, and people who need to do it, I can only think of His Highness or this brother.

 When I glared at him from the front, my brother finally gave up and scratched his head.

"...it can't be helped! At first, I thought he was really shy and a crybaby!"

 Spinel makes excuses.

 After all, Linaria burst into tears when she first met the prince. Perhaps that reaction was a shock, and the prince seemed to be a little concerned.