Episode 30 Mock Match (part 1)

“A match using support magic?”

"Yes. You will support His Highness, and the other party is me."

 Spinel said so and pointed at himself, and His Highness nodded.

"I wanted to know a little about cooperation with magicians."

"It doesn't matter, but it's going to be 2 to 1, no matter what.

“Both me and His Highness have only teamed up with magicians as a group.

 Is that so? I don't know much about this world's highness or Spinel's swordsmanship. I've seen it in class, but it's still just basic training.

"If that's the case, let's do it for the time being."

 The training ground in the schoolyard has a simple arena-like stage used for swordsmanship matches. It is also used in the annual martial arts tournament.

 When I went there right after school, luckily there didn't seem to be anyone using it yet, so I could easily borrow it.

 His Highness and Spinel have wooden swords, and I have a cane. I don't usually use it much, but it's a match format, so it's kind of vague.

"I don't use offensive magic that deals direct damage. How about the signal to start?"

"If this coin falls to the ground."

 Spinel takes out a copper coin from his pocket. It seems to be the method they always do.

"…let's go!"

 With the faint sound of coins falling on the floor of the arena, I summoned a number of water balls of various sizes.

 Spinel rushes towards His Highness without checking my direction. Considering that it's the first time, it's very thoughtful.

 As far as I know, His Highness is a swordsman who is good at defense. Believing that his way of fighting won't change much in this world, he goes with a policy of not using defensive magic against His Highness.

 Manipulate some smaller water balls and move them towards the spinel. A swiftly swung sword sliced ​​through them, while His Highness's sword deflected sideways. Hurry up.

 The sound of clashing wooden swords resounds.

 After all, Spinel seems to be good at swords that utilize speed. But he spends some of his time dealing with my water polo, which makes it look a lot harder.

 His Highness has a style of looking for openings without rushing. Spinel's impatient movement has a bit of a trap-like feel to it, so it's a reasonable decision.

 As a test, I tried launching a water ball from Spinel's feet toward its chin, but it was dodged. Good reaction.

“Your Highness, I will give you a little extra support.”

 I said as I replenished my water polo. His Highness answered, "Understood," while turning his back and swinging his sword.

"Gee, are you serious!"

 His Highness went on the offensive against the screaming Spinel. I also shoot water balls one after another that have increased speed from earlier.

 Spinel seems to use not only swords but defensive magic as well. He doesn't seem to be very used to it, so he mainly uses swords, but occasionally he uses magic to block water polo and drop it.

 When the time was right, I shot two large water balls in arcs from the left and right.

 Spinel blocked one with magic and tried to slash the other, but the ball popped just before it touched the sword.