Episode 12 Dinner

Finally, it was time for dinner. Lined up in the dining room are His Highness's party and my family, excluding servants and coachmen.

“Hou, did your Highness come through the Pyrope Duchy?”

Hearing His Highness's story, it was my father who nodded.

"Oh, I'm glad the weather was nice."

The route of the inspection is hidden in advance so that there are no ill-wishers who aim at the prince along the way. The only thing that comes to each aristocratic house along the way is a notice saying, ''I'll be going on a date around here.''

If you want to find out, you can find out, but doing such a thing is the same as picking a fight with the royal family, so no one does it openly.

After all, there are some aristocrats who secretly investigate other aristocrats and say, "We'll be the most amazing host!"

“The Pyrope Duchy must have been quite rich.”

"That's right. Anyway, the farmland is wide. However, the sowing of the seeds has been completed properly. It seems that the farming tools have been distributed to the people of the territory."

"Because there are many excellent mages there."

A mage specializes in witchcraft, the art of imbuing objects with magical effects. There are many such mages in rich territories.

If you have magic, you can create various useful magic tools. A light that can be turned on with a small amount of magical power, a tool that can deliver voices from afar, or a stone that boils a small amount of water.

Knights and mages are the most important things to protect the territory from magical beasts, but the fact that there are so many mages means that there is ample financial leeway.

If you have a magic tool that plows the field, you can finish sowing seeds smoothly and expand the area that can be cultivated. It's a cycle that makes you rich again.

“However, I was a little surprised to find a field that had been harvested even though it was autumn in the Marquis of Sarpieri territory that I passed through after that.”

"What? Why don't you sow seeds?"

“Right now, the Marquis of Sarpieri is testing wheat sown in spring, Father.”

I accidentally pinched my mouth, and my father said, "Is that so?"

The Sarpieri territory is close to ours, so I want you to know that much...

This father is very good as a magician, but other than that, there are many disappointing parts. Regarding matters related to his territory, he leaves everything to his basic subordinates.

"It's only just started this year, so it seems like it's still in the testing stage. It seems that there is a possibility that normal winter wheat can be harvested even when the harvest is poor, and that several other territories are testing it."

That's what Lazurite-oniisama added.

Oops, should I have let my brother, who is the heir, hold the flowers without interfering too much here... When I glanced at my brother, he smiled and said, "It's okay." kind.

"Both Lazurite and Linaria are studying a lot about other territories."

"thank you"

Praised by His Highness, my brother and I bowed our heads and smiled.

Compared to when we first met, His Highness has become much better at conversing with other people...! Before, "Umu" was the best.

"I'm proud of my children. I can only do magic, but my children are also excellent at other things."

I'm happy that my father is really proud of me.

“I heard that your highness has a very wonderful talent in swordsmanship.”

Mother seemed happy to be praised by her children, but she changed the topic to complimenting His Highness.

"Everyone says so and praises me, but I still have a long way to go. I'm no match for Spinel."

Receiving His Highness's gaze, Spinel next to him bowed his head lightly.

“Thank you for your words.

"What? If the son of the Duke of Boulanger, a famous knight family, said so, there must be no mistake."

"I hope so."

His Highness smiles wryly, but I know that in the future, His Highness will become a wonderful swordsman, just as Spinel said.

The reason I can't compete with Spinel is because I haven't made up for the age gap yet. Spinel is two years older, and he's taller than most boys his age, so he's a lot taller than His Highness.

At just 13 years old, the two-year gap is too big in terms of physique and technique.

“Of course, I also intend to train hard so that I won’t catch up with His Highness. I have no intention of losing so easily.”

Father nodded in admiration at Spinel, who said it a little jokingly.

"I see. You two are masters and servants and at the same time good rivals."

His Highness and Spinel looked at each other and smiled a little. Just like you said.

The dinner party progresses in a peaceful atmosphere.

… worthy rivals. Is there such a relationship between a prince and a servant?

There was myself who was a little shocked.

I never thought of that. Because he thought that the servant was the prince's vassal and friend, and that was fine.

Since Linalite and Spinel are different, it's only natural that their relationship with His Highness is different.

For some reason, I felt like the two of us had become somewhat distant.

It's short, so I'll be posting the next episode soon.