Episode 39 New Year's Celebration (Part 2)

The second-floor room I was shown had a large window facing the main street, and I could see the carriages passing by. You could call it a special seat.

 As I sat on a chair by the window and looked outside, Mr. and Mrs. Covelin brought me a hot cup of tea.

"I'm sorry, thank you for your concern."

“No, I really appreciate you. I have been in this business for more than 20 years, but it is rare for someone to ask for such an advanced magic book so many times at such a young age. I'm not here."

 When asked, Mr. Covelin also said that he was a magician who worked at the royal palace when he was young. It seems that he was not a member of the Royal Palace Magic Division, but a regular magic soldier.

 However, he thought that he was not suited for combat, so he quit his job as a magic soldier and borrowed money to set up a shop here.

 In the beginning, he had a lot of troubles, but he managed to get his business on track with the connections he built between magi while working at the royal palace, and has been doing it until now.

 In any case, he seems to be acquainted with Senarmont-sensei's teacher as well.

 While I was doing that, it became noisy outside the window.

"Looks like a carriage is approaching. Let's open the window."

 The windows were wide open, letting in the winter air from outside. It's a little cold, but the sky is blue and clear and refreshing.

 Looking at the back of the main street, I could see the escort carriage leading the way. His Majesty the King and Her Highness the Queen are riding in a particularly large and gorgeous carriage behind them. Amethyst-sama, the head of the royal palace magician, seems to be sitting in the back seat as an escort.

 People along the route cheered and hoisted artificial flowers and flags. It uses yellow, which is the symbol of the Heliodor Kingdom.

 In the slowly approaching carriage, His Majesty and Her Highness were waving at the people.

 Wearing a crown inlaid with large jewels, His Majesty wears an extravagant cloak and the treasures of the royal family, which are usually kept in the treasury, and a bracelet.

 That gentle smile was not only kind, but also had dignity befitting the ruler of this country.

 Her Royal Highness is also beautiful in a dress with plenty of gold thread embroidery. she's still young

 Next to me waving to the carriage, Mr. Covelin was also smiling and waving.

 …that? Just now, His Majesty looks at me... No, have you seen Mr Covellin?

 As soon as I was seeing off His Majesty, a carriage with His Highness came.

 His Highness always has a serious face, but Spinel next to him is smiling and smiling.

 I honestly have no choice but to respect Spinel for this kind of thing. I don't think I've ever seen such a natural smile.

 His highness had pale blond hair slicked back and was dressed in formal attire, and from a distance like this, he looked really splendid. The majestic appearance makes it understandable that portraits become popular among the common people.

 From the roadside, the cheers of young girls are remarkably loud.

 I'm sure my voice will be drowned out by people's cheers and won't be heard.

 Thinking that, I couldn't help but raise my voice.

"Your Highness Esmeraldo!"

 …Then, His Highness’s emerald eyes suddenly looked at me.