South Korea's dream

I woke up in a destroyed village. The smell of smoke filled the place, and it looked like war had waged through this village, killing thousands of civilians.

It looked very familiar.

suddenly, I saw a figure in the distance, he had his back towards me. It was blue, with a red stripe over his head and white lines on top and bottom of the red stripe. it had a string over his face, which I knew was an eyepatch. Most importantly, I knew who it was. the country who attacked me years ago.

It was my brother, North Korea

I froze.

The figure turned around, and I saw a face that was all too familiar.

"Hello, dear brother. I'm glad you finally woke up. Ah, I hope that arm is doing better"

I looked down at my arm and saw that it was in a makeshift sling I made with leaves.

"What do you want, North?"

"is it bad to have a nice chat with my brother?'

I glared at him. "Spit it out."

He pondered. "I was thinking, why don't we reunite, peacefully? Under my side's rule, of course."

Well that was bold.

I gave him a look. "Are you being serious right now, North?" The last word left a bitter taste on my tongue.

His smile melted into a stare. "I want our country to reunite, and you say no? Normally my generosity isn't so easy to come across, let alone being civil. but that answer is rude isn't it? Especially to your own brother."

Anger crawled up my throat.

"YOU! It was all you! You invaded my country, you attacked my people, you tried to DESTROY me! You sink my ships, kill my people, and you expect me to be NICE?! YOU made the choice to attack me and to make your people and my people alike suffer! No matter what, I will NEVER call you brother the same way again!"

I walked towards him each word I spat, each step meaning nothing as brothers. North pulled out a knife.

"I tried to be nice, but you clearly don't appreciate it." He sighed, feigning sadness. Behind those manipulative and cruel eyes, I saw no sign of the brother I once knew.

With those words, he gave me one of his dark smiles, then stabbed me. And everything went dark.

———-