Japan joins

Looking back, he didn't know why he listened to Rhee.

Rhee was a ruthless dictactor, very similar to North's leader today.

He killed people that he thought were pro-communist. leaving at least 100,000 civilians dead. And all the while, the naive South listened to him.

씨발 (fuck). I was so blind.

He thought that what Rhee was doing was right. He gritted his teeth.

'The only thing that I think that North is right about, is when he called Rhee a 미친사람.'

He was looking at Rhee's grave, having walked by.

He could never truly forgive Rhee. He refused to sign the armistice, he made it so that he would be elected a president numerous times, even though South Korea was a democratic country. He refused to allow South to reunite with his brother.

Instead of South being the superior over Rhee, which is supposed to be how it's done, South was a total puppet of him.

He sighed as he turned around to walk back home, and in the streets saw Japan, walking in the distance.

"What the..?" South peered at the Japanese countryhuman. She seemed to be looking for someone.

'What is she doing here, despite of the war?'

He walked towards the Japanese countryhuman. But as he got closer, he looked up and saw a bomb dropping from the sky.

Shit.

"WATCH OUT!" He yelled and he pushed her out of the way just in time to get in safe distance from the bomb. Countryhumans can withstand more damage than humans, since, well, they aren't really humans.

Japan's eyes widened as she hit the ground.

"Get down you moron!" He hissed, when the bomb exploded.

The countryhumans lay on the ground while the explosion shattered their eardrums, destroying neighboring buildings and structures. Thankfully, the graveyard was a safe distance away so it wasn't affected.

bits of glass, smoke and debris were flung in all directions.

South risked flipping up his helmet, which proved to be a good decision since right after putting it on, he heard rocks and rubble slamming into it.

Finally, after what seemed like forever, South deemed it safe to stand up.

"Get up." He whispered.

Right after they got up, South immediately reprimanded Japan.

"What were you thinking?! You could've gotten yourself killed here! You shouldn't suddenly come here without informing me in times of war like this!" He angrily said. "This isn't safe for me, provinces, and cities. We can't risk getting another countryhuman in danger!"

"I'm sorry! I had to rush here, it's something really important-" She cut herself off when she saw South's face.

"Nani?! What happened to you're face?! Are you alright?"

His face, arms, and hands were covered in burn marks and scars. South winced when she mentioned them.

The damage that had been inflicted on his land was affecting the countryhuman himself. But in the flip side, his provinces and cities don't suffer the damage, which brings him relief.

"North has been getting bolder. He finally launched all the weapons and artillery aimed at Seoul to me. About 10,000 civilians dead, on the spot." He said quietly. "He has been dropping bombs everywhere, trying to provoke me to doing something reckless." Anger burned in his eyes.

"I'm so sorry.." Sadness engulfed Japan's face.

South sighed. "It's not something for you to be sorry for. I apologize for bursting out at you, although you really shouldn't be here."

He looked at her. "What did you come here for?"

"I wanted to talk to you about something urgent. But.. let's do this somewhere else, not out in the open." She gestured to the sky. "I don't want any spy planes to know that I'm here."

That immediately got South's attention. "Agreed."

...................................................................................................

They went to his office, and South looked at Japan with an intense look in his eyes.

"Tell me, what happened?" He said.

Japan took a deep breath. "North Koreans have found state information through cyber attacks, and therefore declared war on me. They have a privilege since they know all state secrets." She said, with a face full of hatred.

"What?!" South exclaimed. It took him a few seconds to process this.

"So.. now we are both at war with North." He said quietly.

Japan nodded regretfully.

South rubbed his temples.

"How does he think he will win though? How is he so confident? You're military is even stronger than mine, so what makes him think that he will win?" He asked.

"That's what's the biggest problem. China is helping North." She muttered.

South looked at her, eyes wide.

"Fuck"

South grabbed the telephone, and called his allies.

He handed the phone to Japan, voice tensed.

"Explain to them what happened. We need to have an emergency meeting." He gripped.

Japan immediately gained her military straightness, and explained in full detail what happened, as well as the news that China is helping North.

..........................................

They met in the UN headquarters.

"It appears that China is now helping North Korea in terms of military soldiers, so he is now confident enough to declare war on Japan." Britan summarized.

America glared. He wasn't going to allow two of his biggest enemies take two of his important allies overseas. "I'm sending soldiers to you both. We have a mutual defense treaty, and I stand by that. The response was not strong enough. I'm sending troops to you guys first thing when I get back to my land." He said.

France was calm, but everyone could see the fierceness in her eyes. She fought in two of the most destructive wars in history, and was even captured by the Nazis. She knew what it was like to be in a world war, and how it could be started.

"We must be careful, everyone. If the enemy decides to attack one of the NATO members, it's positive that World War 3 will start." She said, losing her normally calm and caring voice, to a dangerous tone.

(Germany be silently rejoicing because finally it isn't him who starts a world war)

Japan and South nodded in agreement.