Just a chapter

South woke up in the morning and got dressed. He looked outside and saw that it was raining.

Damn it. He thought. Now the soldiers would have to fight in the rain.

He sighed as he went downstairs. Today was a Saturday, but nothing much was going on in the country.

millions have fled to different countries as refugees. His people were scared and panicked. The reserves were called, but in result they were torn apart from their families.

Barely anyone went out now. The threat of bombs were still growing, and the two armies that were fighting are still stuck near the DMZ, fighting. Especially now that China is helping North, it has been getting harder to push them out of his lands.

America had sent troops to South, alongside with the soldiers in the military bases were quite helpful. Since now Japan is in the war, they have no choice but to collaborate effectively.

After what seemed like forever, the rain finally stopped and South went outside.

He looked around the place. It was war-torn and buildings were destroyed. There was ash, there was smoke, and the smell of burned rubble everywhere. More and more civilians are dying, and South couldn't do anything to save them. He gritted his teeth.

He looked at his phone and found out that Japan had scheduled a meeting with him.

'Japan?' He thought. 'Since when was she the type of person to schedule these types of things?'

He decided that he would just go. It made sense, anyway. They were at war with the same enemy, which automatically made them allies.

......................................................

He went to Japan.

"Firstly, I want to thank you for saving me that day. If you weren't there, I wouldn't be here right now talking to you. I agree it was reckless." Japan said.

South nodded. "I just did it instinctively. I don't want a countryhuman dying."

"Moving on, my cyber system has been reset. So North would not be able to get even more information. The security measures have been doubled so it shouldn't be a huge problem for now." Japan said. South could tell that she was relieved.

"That's good." South said. "But things aren't really getting better in my side."

"China and North have gotten reinforcements. America's soldiers have arrived, so we have just been stuck in a stalemate." South said while pulling out a map. "To get the North Koreans out, I can go around, then surround them. I'm pretty sure that reinforcements will arrive pretty soon, so it's better to exhaust the current attacking army and be in a better position than them." He looked at Japan. "Has North's allies declared war on you yet?" He asked.

Japan nodded. "The soldiers have arrived sooner than expected. They are fighting my forces as we speak." Her tone was grim.

South tensed. "How many casualties?"

"We don't know yet. They have been fighting for about a day." Japan said.

South suddenly had an idea. "Have you tried to spend spy planes to North?" He asked.

Japan blinked. "Uh, well I haven't." She said.

"We should. I can't believe that I didn't think of this. The best leverage you have in a war is to know what you're enemy is planning. I'll send some spies to North, and try to get what he is planning." He said.

Japan nodded. "That's smart. Well, it's been used many times before, but sending spies is useful. I don't see how I could've forgotten about that tactic myself." She smiled.

The Korean looked at her and smiled back, hopeful.

...........................................................................................................................

"Have you gotten any information?" South asked.

"Yes, it appears that the enemy is planning to send 10,000 troops to Seoul, sir." A soldier, looking through a camera set up in the enemy base said.

South tensed.

"Anything else?"

"They are discussing about the west and NATO. Russia says that he wants to attack the west, saying that they should wipe them out once and for all. North Korea supports this idea slightly, but seems reserved to this, possibly because his army is much weaker than America alone. China agrees with with Russia because, well, he wants to be the most powerful country in the world, taking America's first place."

South couldn't help but roll his eyes at China's description. China is constantly competing with America in terms of well.. everything. He was annoyed with both of them for that.

He would have to warn America about the possible threat. Although America is nearly impossible to invade, they could still do much damage and he would need to be prepared.

He shuddered. If they truly did attack America, then the entirety of NATO would join the war. Hence, starting world war 3.. (Ayo no more Germany starting massive wars lol)

He snapped back to attention when he realized that the soldier was calling him.

"Sir?" The soldier asked.

South snapped back to attention. "Yes?"

"I have said "sir" 5 times. Are you okay, sir?" The soldier asked, concerned.

South sent a nod his way. "There's no need to worry about me, Comrade. It is I who should be worrying about my people."

..................................................................................................................................................................

South went to America, and warned him of the impending threat.

"Yep, I know. Two of my biggest enemies talking about how to invade and kill me." America said. "But it's gonna be pretty hard for them, I'm surrounded by sea and I have my brother with me." He grinned. "I'm always on alert."

South nodded. "Good. Just warning you. I'll come to you're aid as well since.. well we have a mutual defense treaty." He smiled.

America laughed. "Although I don't want to get tangled up in my own war, I still support the capitalist countries against communism." He narrowed his eyes saying the word 'communism'.

Yep, America can be scary. South thought.

"Well, of course, if they do attack me they will trigger all of NATO. And hence basically start world war 3. They don't have the most amount of allies themselves, but still, gotta be prepared." America added.

South hummed in agreement.