Confession

South met his general and told him to not attack at all, not saying anything about what he knew, which confused the general a lot. He didn't want to attack his brother now knowing what truly happened to him.

"But sir, the North will only be more aggressive once we stop! They would believe that we have been weakened!" The general said.

"Please comply with my orders." South said. "I know what is best for this nation."

The general's face twitched. 'Has this country gone crazy?' He thought.

Seeing the general's agitated face, South sighed and stood up.

"No, I have not gone mad." He said. He was significantly taller than the general, so he looked quite intimidating. He hesitated for a while, trying to think of something reasonable to say. He didn't want any humans to know about North yet, it would certianly get to the news and the world and make the situation worse.

"I know a strategy of the DPRK." He said after a long pause. "It involves being neutral for a while, only fighting back for defense."

The general wanted to say something to South, but knew that he didn't have the power to order a country. However, he still had the freedom to question their orders. "Sir, is this really reasonable? Has.. the damage to yourself make you think that not attacking will make the situation any better?" He said.

South stopped and closed his eyes. He didn't want to say anything but if he didn't say something to convince the general that it was for the greater good. "Not attacking the North would make them think that we are vulnerable as you said. But while defending our nation, we would be able to have more time to send spies to he North. For now, I won't say much, just wait for a week or so "

The general, being mightily confused, thought to himself 'Has this country gone soft in the head?' but didn't want to say any more knowing that the country would not stop at what he thought was best so, all he did was bow and say, "Understood sir."

South cringed at this terrible strategy. He knew that if he didn't know that North was drugged he would instead say "continue with the attacks and at the same time send more spies to the North" But that was the only lie he could come up with.

He nodded and walked away, leaving the general muttering under his breath.

-

Back in the North, North was his "normal" cold self.

It had been a couple days since he spat the pill out, so the effects were wearing off. Still, the drug clouded his mind and he didn't think straight.

His provinces and cities noticed a change in him. He was much less uptight and was wavering between hot and cold most of the time. The Soviet Union, not being aware of this change with his allies, did nothing.

South Hamyong, who had been watching North's behavior closely, finally got the courage to ask him.

He went to his office, careful not to anger North.

"DPRK, is everything alright?" He asked.

North, in his unstable state, kept losing focus. "What?" He asked.

S. Hamyong repeated what he said, and North went back to his drugged self. "Yes." He growled. "No point in asking, so shut up."

S. Hamyong sighed and shook his head very slightly so that North wouldn't see. "Okay." He said, knowing that if he pushed any further North would lash out at him. He shuddered, not wanting to face North's angry self.

By the time S. Hamyong had left, North had switched back to his normal state. He groaned, having a massive headache from all this back-and-forth switching.

He bashed his head to the wall, in an effort to stop the ache. Before the pain and shock could settle in, he did it again, and again, and again.

He finally stopped and slid down the wall. This time, the pain had the time to settle, and all that slamming had made a big gash on his forehead. 

He took his military hat and pushed it down, not caring if it would be stained with blood. The wound, it stung, but he didn't have the energy to even treat it. 

Blood trickled down his face and hands, but he simply used his clothes to wipe it off.

'Whatever, it isn't much compared to what I had experienced.' He thought. He still grabbed at the gash, trying to stop the stinging. At least now the headache was gone.

He laid his head on his desk. 'Why has my life come to this?'  He thought. 'Couldn't me and South live normally instead of going through occupation and war? 

He looked toward his window and suddenly North and South Hwanghae came to mind. 

He knew that they had escaped to the South, but that honestly didn't occur to the others. His other provinces/cities had no clue of anything of the outside world, and his allies just didn't care.

But he knew that they had escaped. The other North knew as well, that was the reason he had gone to the South in an effort to trick South into bringing them back. Thankfully, he failed. The real North knew but instead of hatred, was proud of them. He knows that the drugged North is unbearable and that they had done the right thing.

He stared at the window for a few more seconds and thought, 'Fuck it.'  And climbed out, landing onto the ground and starting his way to the forest.

-

North walked around for a bit, the leaves crunching under his shoes.

It was the dead of night, so silent that you could hear a pin drop.

He checked his watch. It was hours after he had left.

'Don't think anyone would care anyways.' He thought dully.

Suddenly, from behind came a scream, it sounded like one of his provinces.

He snapped his head to the direction of the sound, running towards it.

He stopped and sighed when he found out that it was South Hamyong, foot stuck in a bear trap.

"DPRK." He said in a tight voice. "I'm sorry, let me get out of this." He said, frantically trying to get his foot out.

North, who for once was concerned for one of his provinces, walked over and calmly split it open, revealing a bloody ankle. He took his handkerchief and wiped the blood off. "We have bear traps around here for bears, not a province." He said, chuckling lightly. "You alright?" He asked, astonishing South Hamyong.

"DPRK, are you okay?" He asked, shocked.

"Please, call me North." North replied. "I'm.. different." He said, standing up.

"N-north.." S. Hamyong stammered, alien to the name. "Why are you suddenly so nice to me?" He asked.

North looked away. "It's a long story.." His voice trailed off.

He told S. Hamyong entire thing, while Hamyong listened, wide-eyed. "So.. it was Soviet who did that to you?" He asked, astonished even more.

North nodded. "Yes. Don't tell this to anyone else." He said strictly.

Hamyong nodded, echoing North. "I won't." He promised.

"I'm.. still under the drug right now. I'm very unstable, so you might see the other North at times." North said.

Hamyong understood. "Yes.. I can see that." He said.

-

Author Note:

Okay so I decided I'm not going to write a "birthday scene" because like- I don't have an idea, so let's just ✨️ImAgIne✨️

HEHEHHEHE yes I think u know what's coming next for North-South relationship :)