discoveries

Japan's POV:

I slump in my chair, tired. Aoi had realized the sling on my arm and raised an eyebrow, but didn't comment.

Now that I was left alone, I started to think about what South had said.

"He was acting very strange. For a split second, he looked like he was sorry and his voice became smaller, but then he immediately became dangerous again, with no memory of what he just did. I don't know.. maybe he was drugged to do this?"

Drugged? By like, manipulated? Had he been put under some sort of effect that made him act that way?

I click my tounge, trying to think of what happened to North.

-

Third person POV:

North was in his office when Soviet walked in.

"It looks like the drug is wearing off. I will have to give you another dose of that." He said.

"Soviet, is this necessary?" North asked quietly. He was back to his real self, the one that had been kept in for so long.

Soviet glared at him. "Do I have to do this forcefully again?" He barked. North's eye widened and he shook his head.

Soviet smiled darkly. But inside that, was the thirst for revenge. He had been wanting to spread communism around the world, but that bastard America had gotten in his way. Years before, he had tried to influence Asia into communism, but had failed with the division of Korea and the defeat of the Korean war. Now, with this defenseless Korean puppet of his, he would finally achieve what he had been wanting for so long.

"Take the pill." He said.

Reluctantly, North took it.

"Swallow!" Soviet yelled.

North put the pill in his mouth.

Satisfied, Soviet turned around and walked away. "Good." He said, smiling darkly.

When Soviet was gone, North looked around, cautious, and spat the pill out.

He was tired of attacking his brother relentlessly over again. He was tired of oppressing his people's rights. He was tired of being hated across the world. He wanted to be with his brother again.

"Don't worry brother, I will come soon." He whispered, clenching his fist.

But the pill had dissolved slightly in his mouth. The effects started to kick in, but since he didn't take in the full pill, the effects were only very weak. It would last only a week or so.

Before it consumed him, North smiled. He finally did what he didn't have the courage to do for years.

He closed his eyes and waited for himself to be locked away deep inside of him, once again falling to the effects of the drug.

-

Seoul watched with wide eyes. She had snuck in a surveillance camera with high technology, hoping to find something about North. The camera was as small as a thumb, but was highly effective.

South had been right! North was forced to do this.

She grew even more excited when he spat the pill out, and started to grin widely.

The other humans that were in the cyber operation room looked at her, confused. South hadn't said anything of his theory, so they thought that she had found a North Korean secret.

"Miss, what have you found?" One of the operations asked.

"Oh, it's something that might be revealed to the public soon enough. If you excuse me, I shall go to find the Republic Of Korea right now." She said, and ran off.

She ran until the reached where South worked. She went in, not bothering to say hello to anyone.

"South!" She said. "I found something about North!"

South sat up. "Really?" He asked. It had only been a week since the ordeal, so he was surprised that she had found something so quickly.

Seoul nodded and showed him the video tape.

'Holy..' South thought, covering his mouth with his white hand. He tried to not get emotional but lately it was hard for him to hold it in.

He told Seoul to try to get as much information as possible. Seoul, being the energetic but smart being she is, obeyed and took off.

South sighed as he looked at the wall, it being the only blank thing he could look at.

"So it wasn't him who attacked me all along..?" He mumbled.

He could hardly believe it. Since the division he had always assumed that North had changed, but looking back on it now it really didn't make any sense.

Sure communism could have appeared appealing to the citizens, since they had lived under a monarch for thousands of years, only being exposed to the "western" things when Japan occupied them. But North suddenly hating him? That was a question that had lurked inside his mind for decades.

He stood up and started to pace around. North.. he had really suffered this much but no one ever noticed..

All his anger towards North changed to the USSR. The fact that he had forced North into doing this.. the thought made South's blood boil. He clenched his fists and rammed it into the wall, not caring if anyone started to worry from the sound.

Blood trickled down his knuckles and he looked at it with a blank stare.

"Soviet huh.." He growled.

He took a deep breath and calmed down, putting his hands behind his back as though nothing happened, ignoring the hole in the wall. He looked towards the window and smiled.

"Soviet, you will fall once again. No matter what you do, you shall never last. I swear it." South swore. He wouldn't let the being that made the Koreas suffer survive. He deserves to be killed.

Author Note:

Ahahaha so.. when I started this chapter I kinda forgot about South's whole birthday thing so.. I'll write that in the next chapter.

Also are you guys okay with the whole Soviet-drugged-North thing? Because I had a sudden change of mind while writing the previous chapter. (don't worry this book is far from ending.)

SO SHORT CHAPTER LA

Jsjajwjrjw this book is dying 🥲