What?!

dream

I saw blood, I heard gunshots, I smelled burning.

I felt war.

I looked at myself and realised I wasn't really there. It was as if.. I was a hologram. I looked up and saw past me and UN against the past North and China. I saw dying people all around me. I tried to help them, but I couldn't... I wasn't real. I saw past me and North glaring at each other during the fight, with past UN and China behind us, supporting us.

It's almost like it happened yesterday.

end of dream

I woke up with a jolt (again) and groaned. It's been months since my last dream about the war happened but I'm pretty chill these days. I woke up early per usual, and did my usual morning routine.

hours later, I was in the living room scrolling through social media when suddenly Seoul burst in. She looked terrified, but I was quite annoyed that she came in without my permission.

"Seoul, what did I tell you about coming into my house without permission? I left you those keys for emergencies only."

That's when I noticed her heavy breathing, sweat that drenched her body, and the bruises and slight blood on her body. She must have ran here, while getting hurt. Something isn't right..

"What in Joseon- What happened to you?!"

She looked at me with bloodshot eyes. Her usual happy expression was turned into shock. She mumbled "The North.. They attacked.. The war.. It's happening."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note

REEEEEEEEEEEE sorry for such a short chapter. Anyways I decide on a time skip because South's life is pretty boring and you came for a interesting story, not a diary haha.

Also I'm South Korean