What happens, happens

Japan's ears burned as she listened to what North had to say to her.

(I will not put that here, because no. Use y'all powerful imagination ;))

In a flash she scooted behind North and knocked him out, tired of listening what he had to say and what he had done.

Without wasting any time, she ran towards South and bent over his unconscious body.

A large group of North Korean soldiers surrounded them, Japan also showing signs of weakness, they didn't bother to bring much equipment for assault and tried to drag North away to safety.

In a second, South and Japan quickly got their guns are started shooting at the soldiers. It had all been a decoy. Of course, the injuries were not fake, but countries have stronger bodies that humans. It wasn't possible for them to fall unconscious because of a gunshot wound, at least, not common.

The soldiers were caught by surprise and didn't have time to comprehend what was happening when South and Japan released a flurry of attacks. All dead, easy.

"Way to go." South said as he and Japan high-fived. Despite the battle around them, they felt quite proud.

But when Japan turned around to check on North, four enemy soldiers had already quickly taken him away.

"Fuck!" She cursed. "He got away."

South grew wary. "It's okay.. I think. There are plenty of more chances and battles to come."

Japan glared to the border. "At least now that their leader is gone, the North Korean certianly have no direction to the battle. Look- you are winning!"

Indeed, the North Koreans were so dependent on the country that they didn't know what to do. Taking advantage of this situation, the South Koreans easily pushed them out. In an hour or so, they managed to completely win the battle.

The soldiers cheered in sheer exhaustion and happiness.

"You're side did it!" Japan cheered.

"No." South said, smiling. "We did it."

"Was that supposed to be a mock communist joke?" Japan asked, tilting her head.

South laughed. "No, no. It's weird how ideologies can twist such simple words."

Japan broke into a wide grin as she realised that they had actually won the battle. She couldn't wait to get back home.

"Er, I think we might have to get treated for these." South said, gesturing to their cuts and gunshot wounds. "I can't even walk properly right now."

"Oh! Yes we do." Japan said. "I'll help you walk, I don't think you want to hop all the way."

The way they were talking about wounds so casually was surprising to the other soldiers. They dismissed it as how countryhumans are stronger than humans, so they don't feel pain. Although the real reason was that since the countries had gone through many things, they were practically used to it now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Dammit!" North yelled angrily and punched the table, making Ryanggang flinch.

"North, North it's okay. There are plenty more battles to come." Ryanggang said, trying to calm him down.

North turned his head to Ryanggang and immediately he regretted his words.

"You're words mean nothing." North spat. "If we want to win this, we do it quick."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

South walked around the hospital. It was crowded with thousands of soldiers laying down on the beds, and nurses running around trying to treat them all.