Sights

South abruptly woke up when he suddenly realised what he was doing. During the first Korean war, he had developed a skill where he could "think" any time, even while sleeping. He shouldn't be sleeping now, he had to get home.

He lied down on the grass for a bit, closing his eyes and giving himself time to relax. It was barely sunrise, and he felt exhausted. He had been sleeping for what, 2 hours? He wasn't getting sleep on most days already. The bags under his eyes were clearly visible, but he hid them with concealer.

Eventually he got up. Japan was right there on the ground, curled into a ball and peacefully sleeping. He blushed slightly. He didn't realise that they had fallen asleep next to each other.

Now that the sun was rising a little bit, everything was just black apart from the sky, which had turned into a orange-blue skyline.

He walked around, his feet making soft tapping noises on the grass. He did that for a while until he finally found his violin lying on the ground.

'It's so hard to find things when the ground is super dark.' He thought. He began to walk out of the forest, violin in hand, to his home.

But right before he left he stopped to take a quick glance at Japan.

He shook his head, turning his head away. What is wrong with me lately?'

...

When he got home, he was relieved to see that none of his cities woke up yet. He was careless enough to fall asleep and forgot about them at home. Since he had told them to seek help immediately if he wasn't home without informing them, it would've spelled disaster.

He put his instrument away and went to his office when Incheon woke up.

"Hello Incheon, why are you up so early?" He asked.

Incheon's eyes widened as she tried to surpass a smile. South raised his eyebrow at her.

"What's so funny?" He asked.

Incheon immediately dropped her smile. "Nothing." She said as she turned around to walk away, quietly giggling.

South shook his head as he made himself a cup of coffee. He would need it.

By now, it was at least 6 or 7 a.m. South checked his watch, 6:15 am. Close.

As he turned around to go to his office, he noticed that most of his remaining provinces and cities had been dragged into the living room by Incheon.

He blinked twice. "What's wrong?" He asked, worry building up in his chest.

"I don't know! Incheon just woke us all up while laughing and told us that she needed to tell us something!" Seoul said, clearly annoyed at Incheon for waking her up.

"Whats so important that you need to tell us at 6 a.m. giggling?!" Ulsan asked. He was sitting on the chair with his head tipped back, wanting to go back to sleep.

South sighed a sigh of relief. He was anticipating for worse. "Well, I'm going to work so please don't disturb me. Incheon, don't randomly wake people up." He said, walking away.

'Never knew Incheon was one who bugged others.' He thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What is it that you want to tell us?" S. Hwanghae asked.

"Well, first off you guys do know that it is South's birthday tomorrow right?" Incheon asked.

"아씨발!" Seoul said, sitting up. "깜빡했다!"

("Ah fuck! I forgot about that!")

"It's August 14th already?" Ulsan asked. "I barely noticed with the war going on.. luckily my city is far from the border to sustain much damage, yet." He said.