Chapter 5: Enters The New Enemy

Nana's POV

Soon after Takemichi fainted on the street, Manjiro, Draken, and I wasted no time and immediately took him to the hospital. I told the boys that I would stay back and take care of Takemichi while they could go back home and get some rest. I also told them to talk among themselves and come up with a solution to Pah-chin's case whether we should or shouldn't bring him out of jail. And that was one of the biggest mistakes I had made in my entire life because on the next day (a day after our conflict with Osanai and his team) I got a call from a crying Emma where she tearfully informed me that as I was absent during the discussion happened (because I was taking care of Takemichi at the hospital), Manjiro and Draken got into a huge fight regarding Pah-chin getting arrested which resulted in Toman now being divided into two fractions - the Mikey faction and the Draken faction.

Manjiro wanted to pay money for Pah-chin's release from jail while Draken was against that whole idea, saying they shouldn't release him. And that caused the rift between those two. I also informed Takemichi about the whole messy situation as soon as he regained his consciousness and asked him to help me out given that he was also present at the scene when things went down between us and the Moebius gang.

Right now, I was making my way toward Takemichi's house to pay him a visit as it had been only a day since he got out of the hospital, and also I wanted to talk to him about Manjiro and Draken's dispute and how to cool them down. As I walked down the quiet street of this certain residential neighborhood, looking around to find the palate of the "Hanagaki" household, I suddenly heard a familiar voice speak up just a few yards ahead of me.

"Huh? The hell are you doing here?"

Wait... Manjiro??

"What? What the hell are you doin' here?"

Huh? Ken-chan as well??

I followed the path where the voices were coming from before I stood in front of the "Hanagaki" household where I found Manjiro, Draken, and Takemichi standing in the courtyard in front of the house with Takemichi's friends peeking through one of the windows of the house and staring down at the trio in the courtyard with fear and nervousness. The way Manjiro and Draken were staring down each other with a hard, cold glare made me feel as if they were about to crash the whole world if they were given the chance to fight one another.

"I came to see how Takemitchy's doing..." Manjiro responded back in annoyance.

"Well, so did I..." Draken claimed.

Oh, so they're still fighting...

"Huh? Takemitchy's my friend. Who asked you to butt in?" Manjiro fired out.

"Huh? What the hell are you talkin' about? You're my friend, aren't you, Takemitchy?" Draken fired back.

"Out of my way, beanpole. I can't get by." Manjiro insulted.

"What? You get outta my way, shrimpy." Darken threatened.

"W-Wait a sec! Wait a damn second, you two!" Takemichi finally spoke up in nervousness. "I don't know what happened, but fighting's bad! Both of you, calm down!"

Instead of obliging, Draken grabbed Takemichi by the collar of his shirt and pulled him in until they met at an eye-to-eye level.

"Hey!" Draken intimidated the smaller boy. "Who the hell do you think you are?!"

"Oi! Stop it already! Both of you!" I shouted out as I entered the Hanagaki property, walking up to them and that was when they all noticed my presence.

"Nana-chan!"

"Nana-chin!"

Manjiro and Takemichi called out in unison, completely surprised to see me there.