Chapter 32: The Showdown Battle Starts!

One afternoon, after school had ended that day, a 2nd-year high schooler Nana was walking past the hallway as she was heading back to her club room when suddenly something came to her notice which surprised her a lot. When she slowly opened the door, she saw no one in the club room, not a single shadow was seen. Her jaw dropped a bit in confusion and she started to wonder what was actually happening until she saw something suspicious; a letter was seen on her desk and right beside that letter was a red rose with the letter "I" stuck on the stem. She nervously opened the letter.

"Follow the trail of rose petals. There you can see me, the guy who is deeply in love with you ever since I laid my eyes on you..."

Nana turned around and saw rose petals trailing outside the door. She wondered if it was there the whole time because she didn't notice the petals trailing by the time she went inside earlier.

"Is this some joke? Hope it's not..." she muttered to herself.

She hesitantly followed the trailing petals that led her upstairs. She climbed through the stairs and then saw another note, plus another red rose with the letter "L" sticking to the stem. She picked up the rose and started reading the letter.

"I can still remember the time when you and I first met. We bumped into each other and your coloring books fell from your hands. I helped you pick them up. That was the first time I saw you and I fell in love..."

Nana furiously blushed at this. She continued following the trail while smelling the flowers. It smelt good. And it was still fresh, obviously. She followed the trail until she stopped by the detention room. She saw another note sticking at the music room's door with another red rose with the letter "O" stuck to it. She then opened the note and read it.

"This is the place where I spend my time and write love poetry for you. Every melody and verse of mine is dedicated to you..."

It was so touching. Someone dedicated their every love poetry to her. Now she had the flowers with alphabetic letters I, L, and O. She then went to follow another trail and this time, the trail was cut off. She looked around and noticed a male student walking towards her. It seemed like he didn't notice Nana's presence so he bumped into her. A handkerchief fell from his pocket so she picked it up, trying to return it to the random boy. But he was already gone. Nana looked at the thing and noticed that it was another red rose with the letter "V" in it. Another note was stuck to the flower.

"Do you remember this scene? Years back when we were in elementary school, I bumped into you again and my handkerchief fell from my hand. You picked it up for me. My heart was racing faster than normal when I saw your beautiful face adorned by your kind smile. I was so happy that I treated my friends with yakisoba after school..."

Nana chuckled while reading that because by now, she already figured out who wrote these letters to her. She was glad that he loved her as much as she loved him. Nana shook her head and continued following the rose petal trails. Now she was really wondering why and when did these trails appear without her noticing. She stopped for a while and looked at the petal trail which led to the rooftop. But right then, she stepped on something which startled her. Her eyes went wide open after seeing the thing; it was her favorite book - Haru No Yuki (Spring Snow) by Yukio Mishima. Nana picked it up and flipped through the pages. A note fell along with a red rose with the letter "E" on it. She picked the flower and read the note.

"Well as I've known you for years, I know a lot of things about you. I was surprised to know that you're the romantic type when I first saw you reading this book. Do you know, this is one of my favorite books as well?"