Chapter 29: Living Legends

3rd Person's POV 

Takemichi didn't know what was happening right now, but all he knew was that he was running his way to his high school early this morning.

What is the meaning of this?! What is happening?! Does this mean I time leaped?! And it's not 12 years ago... It's 10 years in the past!!!

"I am a high schooler now!!!" Takemichi shrieked out in confusion because the last thing he remembered was him trying to save adult Mikey's life.

Takemichi then carefully walked into the school and changed his shoes at the shoe lockers.

"Hey, Takemichi!" a familiar masculine voice spoke up, causing the said man to turn around and find Akkun and his other pals standing right behind him.

"Morning!" Yamagishi greeted him.

"What's going on? You're early for someone who's constantly tardy." Takuya pointed out.

Yamagishi... Makoto... Takuya... Akkun?!! All of them and I are now second-year high schoolers...

"Hey, Takemitchy!!" another familiar voice called out and before he knew it, an arm draped around his shoulders. "Did you study for the finals?"

Huh? Who...?

Takemichi looked up to see a tall, young boy with a scar on the corner of his lips, possessing dark blue, shoulder-length hair, grinning down at him. And this had Takemichi all confused again.

"I get sleepy whenever I sit in a chair." The boy spoke up in a tired tone and the others simply smiled at him.

"Hakkai's appearance is entirely deceptive, huh..." Yamagishi commented.

"I know right." Makoto agreed and that's when Takemichi recognized the tall boy.

Huh?! That's Hakkai?!!

"What's the matter, Takemichi?" Hakkai asked, raising an eyebrow. "You're spacing out. You got low blood pressure or something?"

"Let's get going!" Akkun called out as soon as the bell rang, indicating that the classes were about to start.

Everyone has gotten just a bit more mature...

Takemichi was about to follow his friends to the classroom when suddenly he remembered something important.

"Hey. Where's Chifuyu?" The time leaper asked.

After finding out his other friend's whereabouts, Takemichi wasted no time and dashed toward the social studies prep room. Reaching there, Takemichi slammed the door wide open and his gaze fell on Chifuyu who was sitting on a chair idly in the corner, reading a shoujo manga.

"Chifuyu!!" Takemichi cried out with a happy grin and the said boy looked up at him from his manga book with a confused face.

"Oh, it's you, Takemitchy. You're being loud." Chifuyu stated in a relaxed tone when he finally noticed Takemichi's teary expression. "What's up?"

"C-Chifuyu! I... shook future Mikey-kun's hand..." Takemichi revealed and Chifuyu's eyes went wide open in shock.

"Huh? Wait, are you... Takemichi from the future?!!" Chifuyu asked with a loud gasp, standing up from his seat.

"And I came back." Takemichi grinned at him, tears still rolling down his cheeks.

"Huh? How...?!" Chifuyu asked, still confused.

"Don't know..." Takemichi replied in a serious tone as he finally stopped crying and looked down at his hands. "But he said 'help me'..."

After that, the two blonde-haired boys settled down and Takemichi revealed everything to his friend – how Nana and Baji broke up; how Baji became a police officer instead of a pet shop owner; how everyone was living a happy life except for Nana, Baji, and Mikey; how Nana and Mikey formed a criminal organization called Bonten with the former Tenjiku members; how he finally met Mikey and got shot by him; and finally how he tried to save Mikey and then suddenly time leaped back to the past.