Chapter 17: Life Comes And Goes

You have time leaped into the past multiple times in your attempts to save my sister. This is the worst future that's happened yet. Of course, sis wasn't saved. And the chief members of the Tokyo Manji Gang have all been killed. Nana Osaki, Keisuke Baji, and Chifuyu Matsuno, all three of them shot to death. Hakkai Shiba, burned to death. Takashi Mitsuya, strangled. Ken Ryuguji, stabbed. Kazutora Hanemiya and Haruki Hayashida too. And all the other members. All of them were murdered. Even Kisaki was killed. The suspect is still at large. We don't even have a clue as to where he might be. Brace yourself for what you are about to hear, Takemichi-kun. The criminal wanted for these serial murders is Manjiro Sano.

3rd Person's POV

On 10th January 2006, after taking a group photo with his friends at an abandoned warehouse, Takemichi time leaped again and went back 12 years into the future, meaning when he reached there the date was 10th January 2018 at that time.

After returning back to his original time and year, Takemichi found himself at a shrine, meaning that he was able to change the future and wasn't in jail in the previous future. As he wondered if Hinata had been saved or not, a familiar-looking woman approached him, remarking that it had been a long time since they last saw each other. She thanked him for coming and led him to a line. A confused Takemichi discerned that he was at a funeral, but didn't know whose. From the conversation between two of the deceased's sisters, a shocked Takemichi finally realized that the funeral was for Mitsuya and as soon as he entered the temple, he was horrified to find a funeral picture of Mitsuya surrounded by flowers on top of a podium.

After seeing Mitsuya's body laying down in the coffin, Takemichi frantically ran away from the spot, shocked by the turn of events. As he checked his cell phone, he found from a news website that Mitsuya's death was suspected to be a murder. Additionally, Hinata was also been killed, dying in the same way as before. A shocked Takemichi started to despair even more than before as he kneeled on the ground and just as he screamed out for Chifuyu and Naoto's names, he noticed a key had fallen out of his pocket - the key to the apartment he lived in before his time leaped.

Soon later he reached his place and after entering his apartment, he found it as familiar as ever. As he wondered how the events transpired, Takemichi noticed the final photo he took with Nana, Mikey, and the others on top of his Kotatsu table. Just then, Naoto entered the apartment, telling Takemichi that he had been looking for him, as his memory was overwritten, meaning that Takemichi came back to the future. When Takemichi started to question Naoto about what was going on, the latter started to inform him that this was the worst future that had occurred thus far, as Hina was not saved.

Additionally, almost everyone in the photo has been killed: Nana, Baji, and Chifuyu were shot to death, Hakkai was burned to death, Mitsuya was strangled to death, and Draken was stabbed to death. Additionally, other chief members of Toman were murdered as well, including Kazutora, Pah-chin, and even Kisaki. Naoto also added that the suspect of these murders was still at large when Takemichi asked if Mikey was still alive or not to which Naoto revealed that Mikey was the one who perpetrated all the murders. A shocked Takemichi insisted that Mikey would never kill everyone but Naoto said he wanted to know the truth as well by speaking to Mikey himself. After that Naoto told Takemichi, the only surviving former Toman admin, that he was the only one who could make this happen.

While remembering Mikey's smiling face, Takemichi found it hard to believe that Mikey would kill everyone. Naoto asked if Takemichi would know anything about this, as he could have gained information from the past; at the very least, something Takemichi did cause this present change. Takemichi insisted that he eliminated Kisaki and Hanma from Toman, so everything should have ended up fine. Naoto asked where Takemichi found the photo to which Takemichi responded that he found it on top of the table - they later discovered that a letter was from the Philippines and was sent from Mikey himself.