Chapter 11: No Sorry, No Thank You

Nana's POV (4th November 2005) 

The moment my brownish-amber eyes opened and the white ceiling of the hospital room came into my view, the pain in my abdomen slowly began to pulse throughout my entire body. I could feel the pain throbbing, and all I could do was just stay down on the hospital bed, all still and motionless. From the daylight coming out of my window, I was able to deduce that the time of the day was either the morning or the afternoon. As much as I wanted to do it, I didn't even dare to attempt to get up from the bed just in sheer fright that I might make the pain even worse than it already was.

"Ah... I want to go home..." I let out a heavy sigh tiredly thinking about what went down on 31st October. "I hope Keisuke and the others are okay..."

"Nana?! Are you awake?" a familiar feminine voice suddenly spoke up in a concerned yet relieved tone and this caused me to turn my head around to see the certain individual standing in the doorway; it was Emma.

"Hey, Emma..." I softly greeted her with a smile as she quickly walked over to my side with a bag in her hand. "Just now... I woke up. What time is it?"

"November 4, 11:50 AM..." Emma responded back before staring up from her phone screen. "You've been asleep for a while now. I'm glad you're okay. When I got the call that you were in the hospital, I dropped everything and came here to see you..."

"Oh? Is that mean you were here with me the entire time then?" I asked, tilting my head to the side.

"Of course I was! There's no way in hell I could leave you here all by yourself after knowing that you got stabbed!" Emma huffed as she crossed her arms over her chest. "Grandpa was also worried about you, you know. Every day he dropped by to visit you but you were still unconscious back then..."

"Is that so, huh...? Then I need to apologize to Gramps for making him worried sick..." I muttered and Emma chuckled at me in response.

"Just get well fast and come back home as soon as possible. That would be enough for Grandpa as an apology..." she stated before setting the bag down on a chair beside my bed. "I left about half an hour ago to get some spare clothes for you..."

"Thank you, Emma." I expressed my gratitude with a smile.

"Oh, wait! Hold on! Let me call a doctor!" she squeaked before dashing out of the room. "I'll be back!"

And with that, Emma left the room and I was left alone once again. Right now, I was more awake this time so I was able to actually examine the room I was in. It was a small private room, just big enough to fit the bed and a sink. On the bedside table, were two vases of red roses and a few cards and letters. Curiosity got the best of me so I reached out to one of them and brought it to my face.

Dear Nana,

I don't know where to start to be honest. Well, let me start from the very beginning then... Nana, I'm sorry that you got hurt because of me. You may not know, but it was my ultimate mission to keep you safe and protected from every danger possible, especially from Kisaki, but I failed miserably at the very end. You took that deadly stab from Kazutora all to protect me and I don't know what to feel at this moment other than shame and guilt. I'm so so sorry, Nana... Please forgive me if it's possible. I know my words of apology won't be enough, so I'm making some plans for us alone. Get better soon so we can go back to school together. When you wake up, I promise I'll treat you to some cakes, ice creams, and peyoung yakisoba! Everything's on me, so let's make it a date, okay? See you soon and I love you.

Yours ever,

Keisuke.

"Seriously, Keisuke..." I sighed and shook my head in disbelief. "You shouldn't feel this way. After all, we were in this together... It wasn't your fault that Kazutora tried to stab and I chose to save your life... You sure are an idiot, aren't you, Keisuke...?"