Chapter 31: His Pain, Her Despair

Thank you for embracing me when I was having a bad dream and calming me down. Thank you for holding my hand when I had nobody to hold to. Thank you for being there when no one was. Thank you for giving strength when I had none. Thank you for loving me, for I love you too, Keisuke Baji.

- Nana Osaki

3rd Person's POV (A few hours later; Trinity Land; Parking Lot-3) 

It was as the paramedics confirmed; Keisuke Baji had passed away.

After that confirmation, Takemichi didn't know what to do with himself anymore. He saved Senju and himself from the Rokuhara Tandai gang, but in return, Baji's life was sacrificed - the most loyal, bravest, strongest, and most compassionate, caring man that Takemichi had ever known. Since the Bloody Halloween incident up until now, Baji, Nana, and Chifuyu were always there for him thick and thin; didn't matter what the situation was, they always reached out their helping hands to him. Now, one of the three was gone forever. And he was never coming back, ever again. Oh, how Takemichi regretted letting this be. But at the same time, he kept asking himself: where the hell did he go wrong?

Seeing Takemichi staring off into the distance where the ambulance was just a moment ago concerned Senju to an extent as the blonde-haired boy's face still looked pale from the shock.

"Hanagaki..." Senju called out as she walked a bit closer to him, hoping to receive his attention. "Hanagaki!!"

"Huh? What?" Takemichi asked, finally snapping out of his trance and Senju's facial expression softened at this.

"What are you going to do now?" Senju asked in concern, furrowing her eyebrows a bit. "How are we gonna tell Nana about this?"

Hearing that, Takemichi immediately went quiet. He could care less about what to do next. But just thinking about Nana made his stomach twist in worry and discomfort. His guilt was eating him up and now draining his sanity. How was he going to face Nana and break the news of Baji's death to her? What was her reaction going to be? What about her mental and physical health condition? What if something terrible happened to her immediately after finding out about Baji's death?

"Hanagaki!" Senju called out again in a loud tone when Takemichi didn't respond to her back.

Snapping out his daze again, Takemichi looked at her with a tranced face.

"Oh... Sorry... What did you say?" Takemichi trailed off in a distant tone and this worried Senju even more.

Even Senju didn't know what to do from here on out. With Baji passing away, she finally started to feel and understand the burden and pressure of being a leader of a delinquent gang and all the trials and tribulations one must endure.

"Senju!" a familiar voice called out and the said girl looked over to the side to see her oldest brother jogging towards her. "Was Keisuke really killed?!"

Like Senju, Takeomi was also wearing his Brahman uniform, and following him into the scene were the rest of the executives, and a single squad from the gang.

"Takeomi..." Senju trailed off in exhaustion and went quiet upon hearing the question, but it was all Takeomi needed for confirmation.

"Dammit!!" Takeomi cursed out through his gritted teeth, clenching his fists in frustration, upset that Rokuhara Tandai had planned such a desperate scheme. "How did this happen?! I'm gonna destroy Rokuhara Tandai right now."

"What are you saying, Takeomi?!!" Senju asked in shock, her eyes widening at his words but Takeomi ignored her as he had a different mindset that was preventing him from thinking rationally.