Chapter 28: Sincerely Yours

"I love you with everything I am, everything I've been, and everything I hope to be. I love you with my past, and I love you for my future. I love you for the years we'll have together. I love you for every one of my smiles, and even more, for every one of your smiles..."

~ Keisuke Baji. 

3rd person's POV

"So that means you can't time leap anymore?" Chifuyu asked Takemichi when the latter decided to drop by the former's pet shop the next day after visiting Baji at the police station.

"Yeah..." Takemichi replied with a saddened expression as they both sat at the shop's front counter, thinking about a way to meet up with Mikey and Nana.

After his whole encounter with Baji and Naoto at the police station, Takemichi didn't know what else he should do at this moment, so the next day he went straight ahead to Chifuyu for some advice. Meanwhile, when Chifuyu and Takemichi were talking about this certain topic, Kazutora, who was standing on the other side of the room with a cat in his arms, was also listening in to the conversation quietly.

"I see..." Chifuyu sighed, leaning on the counter with pursed lips. "You have already saved Hina-chan after all. So, I guess that would be obvious."

"Chifuyu, I wanted to see and talk to Nana-chan and Mikey-kun." Takemichi stated with slightly furrowed eyebrows. "You knew, didn't you, Chifuyu? Why did they go down that dark path again? They never showed any indications of it, especially Nana-chan. She wasn't the type to become something like this. Her leaving everything behind like this, especially leaving Baji-kun... I just don't know how to process this info..."

Chifuyu then let out a heavy sigh in response and stood up straight.

"After Nana-san abruptly disappeared, I also looked into a bunch of things on my own to help out Baji-san. According to Baji-san, Nana-san left and joined Mikey-kun." Chifuyu revealed before a defeated smile curled up on his lips. "But I still didn't figure anything out. That's why I think that Mikey-kun and Nana-san have surely found their own paths. With their own will. That's why we have to live our own path too."

Takemichi went speechless after hearing those words. A grin then formed on Chifuyu's face as he draped an arm over Takemichi's shoulders.

"You are no longer a kid either, you know." Chifuyu chuckled in a teasing tone, trying to lighten up the mood. "How long are you gonna act like you're 12 years younger? Right now you have an important path to make Hina-chan happy. Get it together, Takemitchy."

After that whole interaction, Takemichi eventually left the shop and was walking back to his home, still thinking about Mikey and Nana.

Even Mikey-kun is going down his own path... There isn't anything for me to say about it... But what about Nana-chan? Why did she leave Baji-kun? Why did she go down that path?

"Like Baji, I also cannot just forget about Nana and Mikey." A familiar masculine voice suddenly spoke up from behind him and when Takemichi turned around to look, he found Kazutora standing there with hands in his pockets.

"Huh? Kazutora-kun?" Takemichi asked in confusion while Kazutora held a neutral look on his face.

"About 10 years ago, when I was serving 2 years of imprisonment... It feels like time had stopped while I was in prison." Kazutora spoke up again as he looked down at the ground. "Just when I get out, Toman is no longer here. Everyone is smiling even though Mikey and Nana aren't here. It's like the tale of Urashima Taro..."