Chapter 24: A Brave Heart

3rd Person's POV 

As Toman waited for their leaders to arrive at Musashi Shrine, they started to wonder what was going on as the battle with Tenjiku was approaching. Chifuyu couldn't get ahold of Baji or Mikey while Akkun on the other hand couldn't get ahold of Takemichi. Just then, Inupi pulled up in his motorcycle, informing them of Emma Sano's death.

And hearing the news, Chifuyu immediately went and met Takemichi outside the hospital, bringing him to the shrine where Toman was waiting. They announced that Emma had died in an accident, which meant that neither Mikey, Nana nor Draken would be able to fight and as both Nana and Mikey were still at the hospital with Emma's dead body, Baji also had to stay back to make sure wellbeing.

This info then started to create nervousness among the gang members as Toman was standing there without most of their captains already. Inupi agreed to this, pointing out that they would be unorganized and believing that they should not be fighting. Takemichi also acknowledged this as preparation would increase their chance of winning. However, he insisted that they would fight Tenjiku tonight no matter what, which angered Toman, causing them to turn their backs on him.

This didn't surprise Takemichi and Chifuyu at all as Takemichi believed that they were not going to be played around into Kisaki's hands. Having originally planned to fight alone, he told Chifuyu that he was fighting Tenjiku, even if he had to do so alone. Chifuyu offered to fight alongside him, though he expected both of them to die at Tenjiku's hands.

Just then, Akkun exclaimed to Takemichi that he was going with him as well, as Takemichi never ran away from a fight, prompting Yamagishi, Makoto, and Takuya to all agree to fight with them. Behind them, Smiley who snuck out of the hospital in a wheelchair remarked that Takemichi didn't start fights he knew he would win. Mitsuya who was also in the same condition as Smiley concurred, adding that Takemichi never ran away due to being an idiot. He then told Takemichi to bring Hakkai and Angry along to the fight, who reminded Takemichi not to carry Toman's burden alone.

Chifuyu then told the whole Toman gang that although the odds were against them, running away would ensure the end of Toman, leaving them with no choice but to fight. This riled up the Toman, as they began to chant in support while Takemichi told Chifuyu that he wanted to save Emma as well, believing nothing was impossible.

On the other side of the city, nearly two hours after the planned time of the battle, Izana Kurokawa had assembled the leaders of other top gangs, including Onzoku Kizoku from Shinjuku, SS from Kichijoji, Ikebukuro Criminal Black Members from Ikebukuro, and Night Dust from Ueno; easily defeated them, bringing them to their knees, while he remarked his disappointment in the ease of the fight.

Kakucho reminded him of the time, remarking that Toman had yet to arrive. Shion Madarame revealed he and Rindo attacked Mitsuya and Smiley while Mucho defeated the 1st Division and acquired Kokonoi. Shion then remarked to Kokonoi that he made a wise decision and on top of this, Kisaki defeated Mikey, Nana, and Draken's will to fight.

Hanma commented that Toman was essentially defeated, although Mocchi added that he didn't agree with the tactics used. Mucho then told Izana that he had made the dreams of the S-62 generation come true to which Izana agreed, believing Tenjiku would become a powerful criminal organization, taking over gangs and the underground world. Thinking to himself, Izana vowed to make Mikey suffer.

Shion remarked that Toman was powerless without Mikey and Nana's leadership and Mocchi was dismayed, as no one had come to fight. However, Kisaki disagreed, believing Takemichi would come. When Izana asked him what he meant by this, Kisaki simply shushed him, and not long after, footsteps and honks of motorbikes were heard from the distance, announcing Toman's arrival, led by Chifuyu and Takemichi which surprised the entirety of Tenjiku gang.