Chapter 37: Baji's Anger Management

Nana's POV (June, 2005 – New Timeline) 

It was the year 2005 when Keisuke and I were in our final/senior year in middle school. And just like how he had promised two years back, he took his studies very seriously into consideration and didn't get held back in the same grade this time around. I was happy for him, really. Keisuke was motivated and worked super, duper, extra hard in school so he didn't have to get held back again. He stayed true to his word and was still stuck with it.

It was already 3:25 PM in the afternoon and our classes had just come to an end for today. As soon as the teacher left the classroom, I stood up from my seat and went up to Keisuke's desk while the other students were making their way out of the room. Today, the teacher gave our test papers back to us and I wanted to know how Keisuke did in his exams.

"Japanese language – 30, English language – 45, Science – 35, Social Studies – 50, Mathematics – 40..." I quietly read out the scores of the ravenette boy, a sweat drop forming on my head, leaving me utterly speechless. "Keisuke, you failed in every subject... Just how...?"

The said boy with his long raven locks tied up in a high ponytail, still wearing his dorky-ass goofy glasses like how he did in the previous timeline, crossed his arms over his chest and let out a huff in displeasure.

"I got too cocky last time..." Keisuke stated with a frowning yet distressed face. "I was so full of myself that I thought maybe I could get through this exam without your help or your study sessions... But unfortunately, I fucking couldn't do it. If I don't pass next week's makeup exam, I'll have to spend the entire summer vacation in supplementary classes. I can't do this."

Keisuke clicked his tongue in annoyance and I gave him a soft concerned look. In my defense, I did try to help him out with this exam but Keisuke declined my offer and said that he would try to study on his own. He wanted to pass the tests without my help. I understood that he was trying to be more independent and didn't want to bother me, but that plan of his obviously didn't work out and rather backfired him.

"Tsk! At this rate, I will miss the summer Toman meetings." He added, slightly shaking his head. "I can't even go to the Musashi Festival with you this year. Nor can we go touring in Shonan. Nana, you do realize how much this means to me, right?!"

"Yes, I know. It means a lot." I replied in all seriousness, nodding my head.

This time, on our summer vacation, Keisuke and I decided to go to Shonan, just the two of us, alone. It was a region situated along the coast of Sagami Bay in Kanagawa Prefecture, central Japan. It was located beside the Sagami River and about 60 kilometers southwest of Tokyo. As both Keisuke and I loved the ocean, beaches, and relaxing atmosphere, we thought Shonan was definitely the place to be. In our opinion, Shonan was Japan's most laidback, stylish, and cool surfer's paradise which deserves to be called the "California of Japan".

Thinking about it, there were so many things we decided to see and places we wanted to visit once we went to Shonan this summer – Enoshima Island, Enoshima Aquarium, the Enoden Railway Station, Mt. Fuji, the Route 134, Kugenuma Beach, Chigasaki Beach, Komaya Park, the Ryukoji Temple, Koibito No Oka (aka the Lover's Hill) – and so many other more. If Keisuke took his makeup tests next week and failed once again, then we wouldn't be able to go there just as we planned. And I couldn't let that happen.

"Please help me study, Nana?" Keisuke requested with pouty lips and I let out a giggle in amusement.

"You don't need to request me, Kei..." I stated with a smile before grabbing his hand and walking out of the classroom together. "I promised you that I'll help you study, right? So, let's do this."

"Do you have any club work today? If not, then wanna go and study at the library now?" he asked as he intertwined the fingers of our holding hands. "I was thinking of getting some problems solved by you. Also, I need to clear a few doubts regarding the last math test."