Chapter 19: A Blast From The Past

Nana's POV (February 2006)

Just as I thought our life was going back to its normal state like how it used to be, another new complication had been added to the pile once again. And it all started yesterday when I suddenly got a phone call from the 27-year-old Takemichi who was saying that he came back from the future again and that he wanted to meet up with me in person to tell me the reason for his coming back at 12 years into the past again. So today, I came to the neighborhood park as promised and met up with Takemichi where he started to tell me about the newly changed future that he was able to experience after he went back to his original time.

"What? Everyone is dead? And Manjiro killed them? Are you kidding me?" I asked, staring at Takemichi in shock after he finished telling me about the incident that happened in the Philippines with Manjiro and how Manjiro killed our future selves one after another.

"That's why I have to become stronger, Nana-chan." Takemichi started in a firm tone, small tears forming in his eyes, as we sat on a bench in the quiet park with no one there in the area at that moment. "The future me left Toman. Everyone always protected me. I'm so pitiful. So in order to stay in Toman, everyone must acknowledge my strength. I thought about this a lot with Naoto. What can I do in the past for the future to turn well to successfully save everyone? We had no clue. We are walking in a cycle. Who killed Hina? Did Mikey-kun really kill everyone?"

"Get ahold of yourself, Takemichi. Keep it cool... Everything's gonna be okay. We'll fix this together." I reassured him, gently patting his back to calm him down.

"I couldn't do anything." Takemichi went on as he sniffled. "How am I gonna save everyone?! I have no idea, Nana-chan! It's too hard! I'm pitiful! Mikey-kun died in my arms. I still can feel his warmth in my hands. I can't take it anymore."

"What a fucked future." I let out a heavy sigh, my eyebrows furrowing a bit.

"Things have changed a lot. Mikey-kun is so strong. He can kill anyone. I can't do anything..." Takemichi stated in a low voice after calming down a bit. "In the future, Mikey-kun changed. He's different. But that's not true... he's my friend. Mikey-kun said - All my life, I have been suffering... If you suffer, then fight with all your strength. If he's hurting then, I'll do everything I can to support him. If he messes up, I'll take him on seriously. That's the kind of friend I want to be for Mikey-kun..."

"Yeah..." I agreed to his word before getting trailed off.

Manjiro said he had been suffering his whole life... What is he talking about? Is he talking about Shini-chan's death? Or his mom's death? Or is he talking about his dark impulses...? I need to figure this out... In order to make things right again, in order to make the future better, I need to find out the issue first...

"I made up my mind, Nana-chan... until I become Toman's number one, I won't go back to the future. This is my last revenge." Takemichi added and I nodded my head in response.

"If you think that's fine with you, then I won't say anything. Do as you please..." I responded back. "Also... how did Manjiro become like that? Because you left Toman and you weren't there for him? I mean, don't you find it hard to accept? Can someone really change that much in 12 years?"

"Doesn't that just mean his inner darkness was just that deep? I'm not sure but something probably happened to cause that change, right? To cause it... how about Kisaki?" Takemichi questioned back and I gave him a confused look. "For starters, the biggest change this time was Kisaki getting thrown out of Toman..."

"You mean what Kisaki said about Manjiro needing him? Like hell, he would! Who needs that trash?" I scoffed in response, slightly shaking my head in a dismissive manner.