Chapter 30: Good Old Days

Nana's POV 

I wasn't completely aware of the situation when Keisuke suddenly got a text message from Inui an hour ago after we came back home from our part-time jobs, but all I knew was that something bad must have happened for Keisuke to abruptly leave the house like that to meet up with Draken and the others. I was hoping that the boys won't get into any trouble again and my wish somehow came true when I opened the door of our apartment and came face-to-face with the four boys; Keisuke, Draken, Inui, and Takemichi. For some reason, Draken and Inui were bruised up a bit while Keisuke and Takemichi looked totally fine. However, all four of them were now wet from head to toe because of the rainy weather outside.

I didn't know what was going on and didn't even want to ask them about it because I knew Keisuke would later tell me everything anyway. So seeing them all fine and unharmed, I didn't think much of the situation. After letting them all in, I gave them fresh towels to dry up themselves and some of Keisuke's clothes for them to wear for the time being. Later, I put their wet clothes (which they were wearing earlier) into the dryer machine before going back to the kitchen to cook something for dinner. A few more minutes passed by and as soon as Keisuke and Draken came out of the bathroom and were all freshened up, they both suddenly went outside again, saying that they needed to take care of something and won't take too long.

"What are they up to again?" I mumbled to myself, letting out a heavy sigh while stirring the soup that was cooking on the stove.

"Nana-chan?" a familiar voice called out from behind me and I looked over to see Takemichi, now in Keisuke's dry clothes, standing there with a sheepish look on his face.

"So, how have you been, Takemichi?" I asked with a smile before bringing my attention back to the soup again.

"Good, I guess..." he replied with an awkward chuckle, rubbing the back of his neck. "Also, thank you for lending me Baji-kun's clothes."

"If I didn't lend you those clothes, you probably would've caught a cold, silly..." I responded with a small giggle. "Anyway, Keisuke told me that you're now the future 26-year-old Takemichi. You accidentally time leaped again and came back to the past, but this time 10 years into the past."

"Yeah..." Takemichi replied as he released a defeated sigh.

Lowering the heat of the stove, I finally turned around to face him.

"But why?" I asked in confusion, crossing my arms over my chest.

And that's when Takemichi revealed the future timeline he currently came from. He told me about Manjiro and Bonten. He talked about how Keisuke and I broke up and got separated from one another even though we were still madly in love with each other. He talked about how others were living happy life except for me, Manjiro, and Keisuke. Talked about how Keisuke became a cop and worked hard day and night for years in order to track me down and the list went on. After Takemichi concluded his explanations and everything, he started to interrogate me about Manjiro.

"Gramps passed away shortly after Manjiro disbanded Toman." I began to explain, leaning against the counter behind me, as I thought back to what happened two years ago. "So, it was just the two of us left in that Sano residence. At first, I didn't think too much about it, but later, I realized the change in Manjiro's behaviors. He was getting cold and distant as the days went by. Then suddenly, without telling me anything, he just picked up his stuff and left. I waited, but Manjiro never came back. I was worried sick, so I started to look for him. Later, I found out that he formed a new gang called the Kanto Manji Gang and that in his gang, there are some familiar faces I know. After learning that info, I tried to reach out to them, but they all disregarded me. They said Manjiro didn't want to see me ever again... But you know what, Takemichi... Years ago, I promised Manjiro that I would always be by his side and would never leave him alone. Manjiro always needed me. He still needs me. I just know it. He's my childhood best friend. We've known each other the longest. And for that, I can't just leave him be, you know... Manjiro needs me as much as I need him..."