Epilogue: Tomorrow, Just Like Today

I love you wildly, insanely, infinitely. 

~Keisuke Baji

Nana's POV (Year 2018) 

After Keisuke proposed to me that evening, we decided to tie the knot a year later, at the end of the year 2013, right after we completed our college graduation.

Keisuke and I got married on October 10th, 2013, meaning we had an Autumn wedding for ourselves. Usually in Japan, people tend to have either a Spring wedding or an Autumn wedding, so we decided to go for the latter one after having so many discussions and thinking among ourselves regarding scheduling, booking, budgets, and many other more. We also stuck to the plan of having a simple outdoor wedding at the very end much to my cousin Reina Osaki's dismay as she had already listed so many extravagant plans for my wedding in her mind back then.

Looking back to that memorable day, the climate and the changing foliage made our wedding ceremony look quite romantic and magical in my opinion. One of the most iconic aspects of autumn is the gorgeous colors that showcase themselves at this time of year; so it layered warm shades and jewel tones in our décor and styling like dark red, burnt orange, burgundy, gold, plum, olive, and dark turquoise which gave our wedding a natural feel and filled everyone's heart with a romantic warmth to embrace the beauty of the colorful season.

Everyone was there at the wedding. From the former Toman members and family to people from our college and work, almost everyone came and took part in our happiness. They gave us their love and blessings and congratulated us and it was more than enough we could ever ask from them. Keisuke and I were truly happy that day. The experience was magical and it still lived in my mind like a fairy tale dream to this day.

Married life started as soon as the wedding came to an end. In the beginning, I thought maybe nothing would change between me and Keisuke; after all, we had been best friends with each other since we were four years old. Before becoming lovers, before becoming a married couple, we had each other in our lives as best friends. Nothing major would change between the two of us – that's what we thought back then.

But things started to change slowly and steadily before we even knew it. We grew together, we matured. We became even wiser than we were before. We improved and find solace in commitment and became better lovers. Our love transformed into care, companionship, and shared responsibility which were much stronger than just the love itself. Thinking back, I realized that without those mentioned three elements, just love itself won't have helped us to keep our relationship ongoing in order to last forever.

We became way more open with each other. A lot of things changed when we became husband and wife. Amongst the good things – feelings becoming more united, having a support system in life, and the wedding rings of course – our relationship slowly changed in other, more surprising ways too. Keisuke had always been a great friend and boyfriend but now he had become an amazing husband to me, transitioning into something he wasn't before.

We also started to see each other at our worst more regularly, but equally, at our best too. This caused us to look at each other differently. After we tied the knot, Keisuke became my next of kin and my emergency contact, which he hadn't been before. Sharing a surname with him and becoming "Mrs. Keisuke Baji" meant that we became each other's main priority on a whole new level, which was really comforting. He suddenly felt like family to me which he wasn't before we got married.

Marriage helped us to unlock new levels of passion too. Surprisingly, we actually became much more passionate in the bedroom than we were before (Keisuke grew even hornier as well). Being that close to someone who knew my body so intimately was seriously sexy in my opinion. Earlier many times, we both had said that the bond of marriage felt exciting and it was like a whole new chapter for us both which was true. I had known Keisuke for over twenty-four years now (even more if I count those lost years from the previous timeline) and sometimes I would look at him and marvel at how much he had changed since we first met. And this always made me excited for the kind of man he would become in the next twenty-four years' time.